Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 715 of 948

Kingowl, that is a brilliant move! - Page 715 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Mar, 2018 - 3:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 715

It's another concentration spell, so keep hitting it, and we'll worry about you later *smile* Also, we can shoot you to get you another roll with advantage.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So is Poljen under the influence of Dominate person or not? He failed the will save in this thread but passed it in the main thread. I'm confused as to why it was rolled in both places. Maybe I missed something somewhere.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think he thought that, like with hold person, he would get another save at the end of his turn.

The one in here was rolled first, so he has failed and is indeed now dominated.

16th Mar, 2018 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 715 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

A question about dominate person and unarmed strikes. Dominate person requires the target to take damage to get a save. Nikolaos has noodles for arms and would do zero points of damage to Poljen. Would the act of being struck be enough to trigger a save and does taking zero points of damage count as taking damage?

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'd say it needs to hurt to jolt someone out of it. So yes, minimum 1 point of actual unmitigated damage.

That stated, I will say that someone can pull their punches and deliberately deal less damage than they could, just dealing weapon damage with no Strength/Dexterity bonus (If it's positive).

16th Mar, 2018 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Oh dear, so Poljen is dominated, is this similar and the same as possessed by the Abomination?
But no doubt this infernal Naga's magic would have a finite time span.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 715

Yeah, sorry, no aura here. My build is a bit of a mess. I was going for sorcerer in plate with green flame blade as his default cantrip action, but have now decided to go more paladin. It will take me time to get to Paladin 6 but that’s the goal.

This is pretty cool. I’m curious to see if Poljen does some serious damage to the party or if he saves first. I would enjoy having Velon have to defend others against Poljen for a turn or two if it goes that way! smile.gif

Can post in a bit.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2018 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 715

Kingowl, that is a brilliant move! I do not know if Poljen moves on his own turn, or when the naga goes, but I don't think that matters since it appears the naga is right after Poljen in the Initiative order. So unless Cratol causes the thing to break Concentration, Poljen will be doing something… Daishain, I will roll a Wisdom Save here for the Mockery, but if you want, you can use the good roll I left in the Main Thread when I thought I got a save each round. Not that I want Poljen to hurt his comrades…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.