Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 718 of 948

Thomas, the darkness spell explicitly blocks - Page 718 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Mar, 2018 - 10:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2018 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 718

Rolling Poppo's Dexterity save here. Glad I took that amulet of health. Hopefully the Naga is just about finished or at least out of big damage spells.

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2018 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I was actually, going to use the psuedodragon in helping my next attack. Without getting meta-gaming here, It would seem obvious that two creatures capable of administering poison, would both be equally resistant to it. But he is still the size of a cat, and no where near a direct match.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2018 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Anron, the problem wasn't necessarily firing into the darkness, it was selecting the wrong area to fire at.

You could have said that you were firing at the area the naga was last seen at, and since it hasn't moved since, had a chance of hitting the right target.

Instead, you specified you were firing through the center of the darkness. Since the naga wasn't there, the target defaulted to the one closest to your line of fire. Cratol in this case. If no one was near that area, it would have just missed, even if you rolled a 20.

P.S. By RAW, no, standard familiars don't get to attack. I however will allow it (We are after all talking about a 1 damage attack), with one important caveat. In any combat where a familiar starts using its actions in a relevant manner, whether attacking or aiding another, its plot armor is forfeited, and it may be targeted or caught up in AOOs. That last bit goes for Anron's pseudodragon as well.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Mar, 2018 - 11:58pm

19th Mar, 2018 - 12:14am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 718 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

For next rounds reference, does the room we are fighting in have a high enough ceiling that a fireball could be targeted above our heads and still hit the Naga?

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2018 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, there is enough space for such a maneuver. Have fun with the indirect blasting.

19th Mar, 2018 - 1:56am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

The Protector. says...

Yep, made a tactical error Dai the last round. I should have said, that I would be firing at the last known position of the creature. Then at least I would have had a chance to hit the creature. As opposed to hitting Cratols back.

I will have to live with the fact that the psuedodragon's plot armor is forfeited, and a possible AOO. But these are desperate times, and desperate measures may be needed in this over-sized snake pit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Mar, 2018 - 5:25am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 718

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'm hoping that Zarra's darkvision will allow her to still see all that is going on, even if magically induced. If not, we can say the drow aimed at the last place she saw the Naga.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2018 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 718

Thomas, the darkness spell explicitly blocks darkvision, even the enhanced version drows have. But you don't need to worry about that any more.

In any case, now that that's over, I'll explain something others commented on. Due to the size of the group, any single creature, even if a really high CR one, is at a serious disadvantage.

As a result of this, my chapter bosses tend to have boosted HP, and at least one unique advantage to help balance it out. The naga was primarily a BFC spellcaster, under normal circumstances she'd have just one spell effect going, and it would probably only last for 2 or 3 turns at best as you guys force multiple multiple concentration saves.

So her slightly cheaty advantage was being able to concentrate on two spells at once, and she got a serious boost to her ability to pass concentration saves to boot.

And yes, the homebrew "Shadow velon" spell was concentration, it was dropped to make way for the darkness spell. I just left the Vs marker up there to make it less obvious it was gone. (I'm surprised no one noted Velon wasn't getting run through anymore.).

P.S. Anronrosby, I have to ask, are you sure you don't want to play a full warlock? Because that's what you're playing right now. Your paladin abilities are going to waste as you hide behind statues and snipe a bit. There is also the question of fulfilling your oath. Are you doing so by letting others stand at the fore in your stead? Notice that the other paladin in the group was in the thick of things the entire time.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Mar, 2018 - 11:03am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.