Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 737 of 948

Since it's magic, anything you furnish - Page 737 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Apr, 2018 - 8:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
11th Apr, 2018 - 10:29am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 737

The Protector. says...

A bit confused regarding the crystal ball, as it states in Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 that its worth 42,000 gp. Which is to costly.
However, when reading up the scrying spell 5th ed wiki, it mentions a crystal ball costing 1000gp, which is more affordable.
Which is it to be?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The crystal ball mentioned among the 5e magic items has special properties of its own.

The crystal ball listed with the spell is just a polished glass sphere that can be used as a focus

I would say that either of them can be used, but only the cheaper one is actually necessary.

It is also worth mentioning that this is 5e, not 3.5e. I like bringing 3.5e stuff in, but that isn't where you should be looking to for this game by default.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Apr, 2018 - 1:11pm

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, so to upgrade all three items Poljen listed, a base cost of 6000 gold, without haggling. Poljen is not the most persuasive of folks. So would one of the others be willing to haggle on his behalf? Seath, if Perry wants to offer, Poljen will actually blanch a bit. He still finds Perry to be a but… um, flighty. He is willing to accept him into the group more now that we have a couple of tough fights with him at our side behind us. But on a personal level Poljen still is leery of him. In fact, it could make for a good scene. I will post Poljen asking for help with his bargaining, and Perry can offer to help… we can play it out. Poljen will be initially hoping someone else will rescue him from the ignominious fate of being beholden to Perry!

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 737 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anron, being full warlock, did you want to use the Rod of Bloodmagic as one of your attuned items, or did you have something better? If not, I'll sell that as well.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ok, I guess it's Velon/Cinder homework time again!

1) Daishain clearly stated there would be one buying and one selling rolling without history, guidance, etc. Etc. Tip: reading the Dungeon Master's posts is helpful.

2) +1 to +2 weapons is one thing as one is Uncommon and the improvement Rare. You cannot assume an extra +1 enchantment, if it even exists or is allowed, is also 2k gold for every item. +1 to +2 armor, for example, is going from Rare to VERY RARE, and should thus be closer to 25k gold, so it is unlikely that any of us should have access to it.

3) I don't believe there is a +2 Cloak of Protection on the more formal 5e lists, so we probably need Daishain's approval to invent such items. I don't think we can keep stacking +1's onto everything when we get gold without his explicit permission.

4) Similarly, I don't think we can combine magical items that normally require attunement like adding Protection (Cloak/ring) effects to existing items that do other things, barring the Dungeon Master's approval, of course. This seems like trying to skirt the attunement rules and meld magical items together to me. If it allowed however I will buy Velon another +2 weapon and smash them together over a forge to create a +4.

Sorry, you all made me do it with your never ending shenanigans.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yep! That's why I asked Dai to clarify. If it was possible to reforge items at all, then we need a standard pricing model. The Sane Magic Items lists from GIIP aren't bad, but those have nothing to do with reforging. The DMG price by rarity has dramatic cost differences.
Dai's single roll option was so he could get a baseline from which to calc savings. There would still be RP-ing use of abilities and such, but that would not change the price he is working out.
As far as shenanigans go, my question was one of the worst. biggrin.gif I fear Lawrance is going to remain AC 10 forever.
I'm still waiting for familiar experience rulings. *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 11th Apr, 2018 - 4:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2018 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 737

The Awakened says...

For leveling up Nikolaos will take the average hps+con, pick up greater invisibility, and increase Charisma by 2. I don't think I'm going to swap any spells but I may change hypnotic pattern for something. I know it's a good spell but I haven't used it yet. I will finalize my decision before we get into our next adventure.

As far as customizing the instant fort, I would like to furnish it and treat it as Nikolaos' primary living space. The first floor being furnished as a hall suitable for entertaining guest. Table and chairs for at least a dozen, a fully stocked wine rack and other amenities one would expect. With the whole structure being 30' tall each floor should have fairly high ceilings. If possible a chandelier with continual flame placed on it would be on each floor (Wouldn't want smoke to damage anything). The second floor would be a private bedroom with comfortable furnishings. On the roof would be a small shrine to Lathander so religious practices could be observed under the full light of day. I still plan on using it for practical purposes on adventures, but the luxury of having a comfortable living space wherever he goes is hard to pass up.
I remember a while back Daishain mentioning that a simple solution for security would be to hire a mercenary company. Now that we have an immortal self-proclaimed demigod as a sworn foe, I would hate to have her show up at our doorstep while we are out at a dungeon crawl.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2018 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 737

Since it's magic, anything you furnish your Fortress with is pretty much safe inside while a cube, yes? If so, could you use it to transport huge amounts of loot/goods/etc. In a highly portable form? Just a thought. biggrin.gif
As as side note: the wizard labs and Lawrance's rooms are peppered with Magic Mouths as reminder tokens, for things like spell renewals, things to remember, etc. Anything similar you want in the fort, like a speaking clock or something? *laugh*.
According to RAW, MMs can see anything that the caster sees, as a trigger, within 30'. This means invisible, Ethereal, etc.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 11th Apr, 2018 - 8:55pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.