Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 743 of 948

Dai, if nothing comes of Poljen's - Page 743 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Apr, 2018 - 4:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2018 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 743

Seems like folks want to go to Baldur's Gate to purchase siege weapons and trade, then head to Candlekeep from there to learn about the horn and visit the library there for Lawrance. Perry can help with the purchasing of the siege weapons.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2018 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Maybe we can learn more about both the mask and the horn while in Balder's gate. I would say that someone head to balder's Gate to let them know the castle is coming their way.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2018 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The castle would get there before any of us could arrive, unless we have some form of teleportation available. I was going to suggest we find a place within 5 miles or so for loading and off-loading of Skyreach, while keeping it airborne otherwise, same as we do near the Citadel.

Dai, if you want to skim over the trading parts (I.e. Buying goods at Citadel, selling them at Baldur's gate, seeing if they have siege weapons, etc.), I have no problem. And if there is anything to be learned from research for the horn or mask(s), playing that out is fine. If not, I would not be offended if you simply inform us of that and move us to Candlekeep.

17th Apr, 2018 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 743 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Yeah my intention when I suggested Baldur's Gate was not to spend another week in real time or game time being a merchant. Nikolaos has some extra motives for personal matters which I will put in side stories today.
Now that we're rested up and aren't dealing with exhaustion issues do we want to try questioning the prisoners or should we just pollymorph them into turtles and pass them through the portal in the control room?

18th Apr, 2018 - 5:27am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I believe, Perry, Lia and Velon have conducted the questioning of Varram and his cohort, before our arrival at Baldur's gate.
We are just waiting, on a response from Dai there on how successful that was?

Then once, we have arrived, Perry as Penelope has said she will help with the negotiations with Zarra, and Tazsakan. For hiring staff to man the current Ballista's. Tazskan, is not sure how much the going rate is for mercenary hire is? Also if the wage is paid monthly or weekly? Paid for from castle upkeep? I'm sure Dai will advise us with those details.

Meanwhile, the same time at Baldur's gate, Nik has indicated that he has some personal business to attend to. Also, Poljen, has asked both Lia and Niko to help out with a task there of a personal nature there.
Also Cratol, has said he will guard the flying castle.

Guy's how does that sound for a wrap up? What is everyone else doing at Baldur's gate? There seems to be a tavern on almost every corner in this place. Perhaps we can sample some ales in each one??

Oh one more thing, does the castle upkeep have sufficient funds to have made, and purchased more ballista's and or scorpions? Not sure how many more are required? Can they be ordered and paid for later??

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 18th Apr, 2018 - 5:31am

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2018 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok, still catching up on all of the little things. Sorry for such a long post in Main, had several different topics to address.

So after leveling, shopping, and donating 1k gold for the trade business Velon is almost tapped out again but has added +2 to AC from shield and armor upgrades and is also buying another pair of sending stones, pending the D10 roll below.

Among the main notes from leveling, if anyone cares, is taking Great Weapon Master so Velon will be hitting harder than ever but missing a bit more, too. At least it's good timing since we all get a Proficiency bump here.

I'm also taking Shield back again to give that another go because it is so important to this build. This time, however, I'm going for a different plan. Daishain has enough to do without remembering my conditional statements for it so I'll take the responsibility of including "WOULD USE SHIELD HERE" or something of the sort in my posts. I'm probably mostly going to use it to help maintain concentration when hasted, etc. Or if we're fighting something that is dishing out hits for 50 damage. We'll see. If it fails to get used I'll just swap it out again.

Lastly I finally get level 2 Paladin spells, although I still don't love their spell list in general. One thing I'm taking is Locate Object as I think it could be handy in a dungeon if we're trying to pinpoint the location of a mask, missing party member, or other such object. The range isn't too bad at 1,000ft.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2018 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 743

Lets see if I can't answer some of the questions that have popped up:

Anron, you can attempt to scry on a particular place if you choose. Make an Arcana check, with a +2 bonus if the symbol you have is directly associated with it, but a -5 penalty if you have only heard of the place.

You've got enough funds to hire enough skilled mercenaries to man the walls and all its siege equipment. However, I haven't heard what you guys are doing to ensure whoever you hire won't try to steal from you or worse. Also, it should be noted that the money will need to keep coming if you want to keep the mercs.

Knight, yes, there are a few families. Two or three of the children seem bright enough that they might do. You would have to test them to be certain, likely by teaching them the basics to a very simple cantrip, and seeing how well they take to the study.

How are people proceeding from here? Doing anything else in Baldur's Gate? How is the expedition to Candlekeep being handled?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Apr, 2018 - 4:16pm

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2018 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 743

Dai, if nothing comes of Poljen's potential rap if anyone is following him, save for him having fun with two charming, sexy ladies, then I will simply write a Side Stories post to that effect. But if anything other than hedonistic pleasure arises, please let me know.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.