Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 888 of 948

This is a pretty tough situation to be in - Page 888 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Aug, 2018 - 3:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
24th Aug, 2018 - 2:48am / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 888

Lady of the Water says...

I need to go to that sheet and update Morgaine as well as on here. I have them on my sheet that I have as a REF. Time to get the others done.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Looks like today is the day we get Cratol back. This reason in particular, running after Cratol because he got himself into trouble, needs a heal and is distracting them from what the Blaze really needs to be doing, will surely set Velon off like never before as it's EXACTLY what he was JUST ranting about.

What I have learned from this, which should be of particular interest to Anron, is that if you rage-quit you get a side story all of your own and then you can come back with the same character. I mention Anron because I know he would like a Taz side story. There in lies your path. I can help if you want by Taz and Velon getting into a fight or something, but Velon has no issue with Taz really so we'd have to come up with something.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, I hadn't intended to provide Out of Character: context, but I think this warrants it

Hes not in trouble, isn't the one in need of healing, and has a somewhat different perspective on why he left. I don't know for sure that cratol is coming back now either

Further, the issue at hand is technically not time sensitive. If the blaze doesn't feel that they can spare half a day diverting, they shouldn't feel obligated to. The victim in question has waited years for treatment that does more than keep him from dying, and could wait years more.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 888 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I amend my observation for Anron. Rage quit and you get a side story that everyone will get emails about and take time to open just to find that it's a bunch of attack rolls that have no meaning to anyone else. Makes for good reading though. This site is for 'writers', after all. Not sure on coming back to the game though.

I hope we don't lose Lia as she goes off on this side mission.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 24th Aug, 2018 - 12:04pm

24th Aug, 2018 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Well, your right on one thing Cinder, I did want Tazskan to have a side story.
But, thought I had time to do it while on holiday. Then again, the timing was off.

But, I definitely don't want to have a "Rage-quit," far from it. I did wonder, where KN was going with Cratol though?

I wasn't aware that Dai, was sending Lia, off on a side mission? But how much of a delay would it take anyhow?

Before we get straight into another, full blown encounter. I did hope to have opportunity to craft some gear, from the green dragon, or at least have the wheels sent in motion.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bloody hells, I don't have the patience for this today

Anron, I'm not sending anyone anywhere, and how much time the group has for crafting is largely up to the group.

Kntoran, could you please get in here and try to work this out? Cinders grievances are not without merit.

Cinder, I'm not going to suggest that everything is fine, but could you please relax a little? We're all here to have a bit of fun.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 888

I hear you Daishain.

Sorry, Anron, was being sarcastic to make a point, not actually suggesting you rage quit. Only mentioned you as I know you desire a side story.

Hopefully we can work in a (Very quick) stop at a city with some crafting and wares while still making haste to the new destination.

Regarding Lia leaving, that was also somewhat sarcasm, since I know the intent is that Lia or the group may choose to go to Cratol in the castle. Velon may suggest that the Blaze doesn't exist just to be summoned by those who have abandoned them for seemingly random tasks with little to no explanation. We have a time sensitive war to fight after all. With that logic we might abandon the war all together and just let random people tell us what to do next each day; do-gooders for hire, if you will. Thus if Lia really feels it is important to go she can take her broom and do so and we will meet up with her later. We'll see. Have to see what Lia reports in character as, I believe, only she heard the message.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 24th Aug, 2018 - 2:52pm

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2018 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 888

This is a pretty tough situation to be in in-character. It sort of depends on how close to us Everlund is and how quickly we can get in and out of there. From the Sword Coast map, it looks as if Everlund is just a bit north of the grandfather tree. So it isn't terribly far from our current location compared to where we are going. If we really are on a time crunch, we would basically have to drop in, heal whomever, potentially pick up Cratol, then immediately leave towards the mage tower. All of that seems doable.

On a larger, more gameplay-focused note, this highlights why "Loner" characters are a bit of a problem in Dungeons & Dragons. If you go read any lists or watch any videos on what most folks' pet peeves are in Dungeons & Dragons players, you will almost always hear about the loner player that never interacts with the other players because, "That's what my character would do." Unfortunately for them, DND is not meant to be a single player game and most of the fun is PCs interacting with one another. My reply to someone who wants to play a loner like this would be, "Okay, your character goes off to do their own thing and the party moves on. They never meet again. You may now make a character who actually wants to interact with the party if you like."

Perry would be happy to interact more with Cratol as a character, but sadly I think I've only really had the opportunity once or twice to ever speak to him directly. One great time to have had a solid RP between the two would've been after the Craturtle experience, but sadly it never really happened. KN, I would totally be happy for Cratol to rejoin the group and get a chance to know him more. I would also appreciate if he opened up to the group more about what was going on instead of staying the loner forever. That way we get to learn more about the character, his likes/dislikes, his personality, and so on. The more information we have, the easier it is to interact and make conversation with the character.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 24th Aug, 2018 - 3:09pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.