Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 40 of 54

"So the first place I will need to go - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Apr, 2018 - 7:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 54 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 40

Upon arrival to the Citadel and entering the gates, Perry finds a quiet, hidden area to don his Hat of Disguise. His form shrinks and transforms to the familiar form of Penelope. Afterwards, Penelope finds her way to the nearest magic item store with her friends in tow. “Hi there!” Penelope greets the shop owner with the others. “My friends and I here have a LOT of shopping to do today so I hope you’re ready to do some business with me,” she smiles wickedly.

Over the next several hours, Penelope goes into a bartering frenzy, visiting several locations to get the best deals on whatever items that particular shop specializes in. “These here are one-of-a-kind… well… two-of-a-kind ruby gemstones, expertly cut and well maintained for thousands of years,” she says. “Oh and this here is a Wizard’s spellbook containing dozens and dozens of extremely powerful spells. And here we have a powerful magic robe that can see all around it so that you can never be surprised! Oh and this one, you’ll love this one… ”

The bartering continues for some time as Penelope goes through all of the various items that need to be sold. It was now time to purchase things.

“This big guy here,” Penelope points to Poljen, “He needs better enchantments on that excessively large axe and this shield over here. Actually, many of us here need enhanced protective enchantments for our various armors,” she says as she gets everyone to lay out their armors that need enhancing. “This heavy black armor here is important. It’s for a friend who isn’t here right now because he’s sick. I need a magic shortsword and vest for that beautiful young lady there, the beautiful elf lady there wants a magic cube, and I need a crystal ball as well if you have it. Oh and our wizards need several spell scrolls, I will let them explain the specifics of those to you. Good luck with those guys, they can be weird.

Penelope goes through everything else that folks need purchasing. This whole exchange takes several hours across multiple shops.

“Finally, I need a few things for myself. Some magically enhanced mithral half-plate that’s easy to move around in and wear underneath my clothes and one other special item. I need a sword that likes music,” she says. "By the way, can we get a bulk discount here?" she asks the now-overwhelmed shop owner. "We can be very profitable repeat customers," she winks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2018 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Mari studies him curiously with her sky blue eyes." Taz, I feel that it is the height of folly to approach that keep. The defences they have are beyond what we can overcome. You can't imagine the power of the Zhentarim." She shivers at this." I need to get something to disguise myself. They think that I'm dead. If I go anywhere near a stronghold of the Zhent's I can't reveal who I am. The thought of spending the rest of my short life being on the run doesn't appeal to me." She forces a smile at this.

Upon arriving at the market Mari looks carefully for items that will help her in her craft. After picking up several items she seeks out anyone that can teach swordcraft. She spends hours whirling around until she can barely hold her swords up. Mari grins at her instructor and then heads back to to the skycastle.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Apr, 2018 - 2:29pm

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2018 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen is willing to spar with Mari, using both his sword-&-shield and great axe so gets used to dodging and parrying against both types of attack. He does not take it easy on her, though. She ends up with quite a few bruises…

18th Apr, 2018 - 7:58am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 40 Stories Side Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, secretly approaches Perry, sometime before the interrogation of the prisoners. But before they reach the destination, of Baldur's gate.

"Hello Perry, if you need me to help with the interrogation I can help. But if you feel that's its already to crowded that's fine.

However, you could still do me a favor, and discretely, search the pockets, and possessions of the two prisoners please,"? He says.

"Basically, I'm looking for any paraphernalia pertaining to either the Zhentarium, or cult of Tiamat," he says.

"Such items, like a portrait or picture, piece of garment, might aid me in my scrying spell," he adds.
"Although, the spell is specifically used to spy on people, on same plane,that are not dead. It can be used for places also, anything, at all to help trace the so-called powerful masks," he continues.

Out of Character: I thought it is probably more prudent to post here, than clog up the main thread. Tazskan's intention is not to keep secrets from the rest of the group. He will gladly post his findings if any at all? To the whole group. At nearest convenience. He just needs to better his odds (Modifiers). Before doing the ritual.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2018 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Penelope will reach into her bag and pull out the Holy Symbol of Tiamat that she picked up from one of the dead cultists in Diderius' tomb. She hands it over to Tazskan. "Will this work for you?" she asks.

18th Apr, 2018 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

The Protector. says...

"It might, be worth a try, thanks Perry", Tazskan answers.

Out of Character: I'm not sure if Tazskan can do the scrying before or after arrival of Baldurs gate? Depends on how quick the journey takes..

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2018 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 40

At an opportune moment, before Mari leaves the castle to go into Baldur's Gate, Lawrance will ask to speak with her privately.
"Mari, I know this may be asking a bit much, but would there be a possible way for you to contact an intermediary to the Zhentarim? I think we should put the offer out there about buying the mask, but I'm not one who has a clue as to whom to contact to do so. If we at least tried to take it off their hands, it may save us a Realms-load of trouble and them as well. Be discreet, of course, and don't give any major details about the mask so it doesn't attract unwanted ears, but see if you can find out if there is any interest in selling the 'cursed thing'. If there, hopefully it won't break the bank for us to arrange a purchase."
"If you don't think you can make the contact, point us in the right direction to talk to someone, at least, and we'll have Perry do his/her stuff."

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 18th Apr, 2018 - 3:03pm

18th Apr, 2018 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

The Awakened says...

"So the first place I will need to go is the tavern I grew up in. My mother should be there. After that I need to go to the Rose Portal to speak to the priest their."
As they travel into the city a faded sign bearing a 6 legged lizard with an arrow sticking out of it's eye and holding a mug, marks their destination. It's small for an inn and the location is slightly off the main road. It was probably someone's home before becoming a place of business. The furnishings are old and starting to show significant wear but regular maintenance has extended it's life.
As the group enters a bell above the door announces their arrival. "Find yourself a seat and make yourself comfortable" a voice says coming from a woman busy shoveling hot coals onto a Dutch oven.
Nikolaos replies "I don't think we will be here long enough to eat."
The woman looks up startled by the familiar voice and drops the small shovel witch lands with a clatter. "Nick!? Why didn't you tell me you were coming in town? And don't tell me you don't have time to eat! That's why you are so skinny! I bet your friend here didn't turn his nose up at vegetables when he was a child!"
"Mom I have wonderful news and I wanted to tell you in person."
"Are you getting married!? Who's the lucky lady? You always have been very handsome."
"No mom, I'm not getting married. I saved a Barron's life and you are going to get to live in a castle from now on!"
"I am!? That's great news! When are we leaving!? And where is this castle?"
"Go ahead and pack. We can leave either tonight or tomorrow morning. And as far as the location is concerned I would like to leave that a surprise!"

_

When they get to the temple of Lathander, Nikolaos ask to speak to the priest in charge. In private he tells of everything he has done and learned since his first arrival at castle skyreach on griffin back. Telling of the cult's plot, the envolvement of the zhenteriam, and of Diderus's tomb. He follows up asking for guidance and any help that the church can give. Also he makes a donation of 1000 gold to show his devotion and to help persuade.

__

"Alright Poljen let's take a swan dive into your plan."

Specific Action: persuasion roll with guidance for aide. Rolling deception with proficiency to disguise self for going into the swan.

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+13): 19 (1 roll)
  • Guidance on D4 (+0): 4 (1 roll)
  • Disguise kit on D20 (+9): 15 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.