Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 369 of 449

We continue heading South, I keep an eye out - Page 369 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Nov, 2017 - 7:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 449 pgs.  365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
13th Nov, 2017 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 369

The Resiliant says...

Once again, Rivoril and Arilynia continue to head south. Along the wagon tracks.
They eat more of their rations, and keep hydrated using their waterskins.
Rivoril, attempts to draw on knowledge on the general layout of the land. If there is any vegetation, what type is it? Cactus, succulent? Or another variant? Are there mountain ranges, or huge sand dunes present?

Rivoril Results:
  • Knowledge on D20 (+3): 8 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

"Constructs that shoot arrows?" Avan starts, but then thinks, "It's not the wildest possibilty."

"Hammering pitons into this rock will be loud. Whoever goes up will have to risk their life to stay silent. I'm not so good at climbing, but Fluffles is a natural. Though he won't be able to tie ropes to anything."

After a moment in deep thought, considering his and Albrecht's Wild Shape or spells, he suggests, "Actually, I could call on the aid of a giant eagle or owl. They can carry us up and attack or distract our enemies. I've been worried about arrows from the opposite side of the canyon, hence the need for Wind Wall. But the giant birds could take them on instead. Or should we keep the Wind Wall? We don't need any light do we?"

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry for the lack of consistent posts. Life is stressful.

And that is part of the reason Speak with Animals comes in handy!

How is the moonlight tonight? Enough for an Eagle with regular low light vision to see, or just enough for an owl with superior low light vision? (Unfortunately no darkvision) Would the enemies from the opposite cliff see us, or would we have partial concealment at least?

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2017 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Bastion pauses, you get the feeling if his mask were just a bit more expressive, he'd be blinking in surprise, "Well, that would certainly work. Can you call upon enough of them to get all of us up there at once?"

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Nov, 2017 - 2:57am

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 369 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The moon is at a crescent as it is waning. If you want to attack now it would be a good time to do it if the watchers can not see at night very well it would be great. If they can see very well at night then you may have a issue. Are they constructs or are they something else?

15th Nov, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

"One bird should be able to manage a quarter ton," Avan replies. "That's more than enough for us all. And there should be no problem flying up silently within half a minute - no - a full minute." He rummages in his bag and draws an ornate rod.

"Everyone can see in this light, yes?" He also draws a blindfold and pulls it over his own eyes.

Out of Character: Would the owl with superior low-light vision see anything? Would Fluffles with regular low-light vision, or would he have to rely on Scent instead?

Oh, hold on. I swapped out Speak with Animals today. I think instructing a summoned bird to carry us all together is too complicated to explain without the spell, right?

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bastion shakes his head, "We'll need two of them then, to get both us and your animal companions. I would estimate Krama and I together to just exceed that quarter ton limit."

"We're going to want a way to retreat without the giant birds in case they are brought down. I suggest that once at the top, that you two work to secure several ropes for our descent while the animals and I start engaging the watchers. Include a net or a hawser of some kind for Mr Fluffles and Krama. Does that work for you two?"

Out of Character: Bastion is sitting at 270 pounds, and the average black bear is 240. Kind of fills up that 500 pound capacity pretty quickly.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Nov, 2017 - 5:26pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2017 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 369

Having summoned birds carry you up is not a issue. Since summoned you will be able to communicate with them without the spell. But as far as carrying everyone up it will take two birds or one bird making two trips. Avan knows from what he saw there are 12 watchers. He can roll knowledge check to see if he saw anything about them that would tell him what they were. DC 18 since he could not get that close.

15th Nov, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 369

Lady of the Plains says...

We continue heading South, I keep an eye out for anything unusual as we approach the desert. If there is a wind that is stirring up the sand, we will put on our scarfs and continue but at a slower pace, still heading South.

Arilynia Results:
  • Knowledge(nature) on D20 (+3): 11 (1 roll)
  • Search on D20 (+3): 20 (1 roll)
  • Spot on D20 (+4): 19 (1 roll)
  • Survival on D20 (+4): 18 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.