Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 387 of 449

"Excellent idea, Bastion with no other - Page 387 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jan, 2018 - 7:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 449 pgs.  383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
22nd Jan, 2018 - 2:05am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 387

The Resiliant says...

"Unfortunately, it appears that his captives have taken him someplace below us, within the caverns," Rivoril replies to Bastion.
"What, did you have in mind with a boulder, or counter weight"? He adds.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2018 - 2:18am / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Lady of the Plains says...

I look at Bastion as I see he is looking for a boulder or something; "Is it possible that Avan is in the cage with the gnolls? If so, and we have an general idea of where the cage is located, can we use the fog to our advantage and lower one of us down to him? Even free him?"

Out of Character: I think it was gnolls in the cage… anyway..if not then whichever creature it is.

22nd Jan, 2018 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Wild Whisper says...

With Bastion's admonition about not wasting spells, Albrecht decides to only cast SNA II in place of Summon Swarm. Then a single Hippogriff appears and Albrecht has it carry him and a rope up to the top of the cliff face. Once up there, Albrecht takes a quick look around and in a few seconds the Hippogriff disappears. Seeing that nothing has changed from last time, Albrecht secures the rope and then calls down for the others to join him. He waits, keeping a close eye out for any movement, and the group joins him shortly. After everyone makes a careful inspection of the area, it is decided that nothing has changed and there is no chance of seeing down into the canyon.

Albrecht says "I don't have any way to contact Avan, as my telepathy only works within 20 feet. We don't know much of anything down there, and it would be dangerous to go in without a plan. I don't have anything that I can use to blow away that fog either. If we wait until tomorrow though, then I can prepare a spell that might help. I can cast daylight onto a stone and then toss it down into the fog. It'll shine bright as daylight out to 60 feet, then the light will fall off, it should allow us to see into the fog some, or at the very least confuse the enemy. I can also prepare a few different levels of wind that can help blow this fog away. The exact nature of the wind depends on what I prepare, but I have options from low magic that will only be a mild inconvenience to the highest magic I can cast that can really blow this fog away. There are ways to combat my magic, and I have to imagine it takes many people casting spells to fill up this entire canyon with fog, but it's the only option I see."

25th Jan, 2018 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 387 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Unable to use his hands outside the cage, Avan decides that he has gone with the better plan over picking the lock. He begins dripping acid onto the lock's latch, careful to stay inside the cage and not to splash himself.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Deciding to try another approach, Bastion takes out writing tools instead. "We might as well see if talking is a possibility. I cannot see any way to get Avan out by force that will not bring both him and us additional risk."

Unless others object, Bastion will write a note, tie it to a rock, and drop it off where it will land just before the cave.

The note reads, "We believe you have someone of ours. We wish to negotiate his release instead of spilling more blood. Emissaries who come in peace will not be harmed ascending the cliff."

Out of Character: A different approach from the usual, but I'm struggling coming up with a good plan here.

26th Jan, 2018 - 3:02am / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Lady of the Plains says...

A bit of Diplomacy may help after all. We will not know until we try. In the mean time, maybe something will fall into place for our little group.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 387

"I suppose we shall see. Keep an eye out for any movement. That means at the entry to the camp as well, they may try to slip out that way. Lets give them an hour, then see what else we can come up with."

26th Jan, 2018 - 7:49am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 387

The Resiliant says...

"Excellent idea, Bastion with no other option, we should try. Particularly if there is no other way in," Rivoril says.

"I will, certainly keep an eye out for movement, while trying not to be spotted," he adds.

Out of Character: I've included two rounds of roles, just in case, its a longer wait for a response.Rivoril, is looking areas near campsite, including, camp entry points.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 26th Jan, 2018 - 7:52am

Rivoril Results:
  • Hide on D20 (+7): 25, 20 (2 rolls)
  • Move silently. on D20 (+7): 19, 25 (2 rolls)
  • Spot on D20 (+3): 16, 9 (2 rolls)
  • Listen on D20 (+2): 19, 8 (2 rolls)

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.