Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 582 of 590

I thought we were on the same page with that - Page 582 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Apr, 2018 - 6:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2018 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 582

Wait wouldn't it be more productive to create a trench around the village and fill it with spikes as well as the edges forcing them into a ditch filled with oil and lighting it.

Sponsored Links:
25th Apr, 2018 - 12:35am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

"Hey, Rivoril!" Avan shouts up at the inn as he arrives back in town. "It's only the undead! We can outsmart them, we just need to get a plan going quickly."

When the group is together, he continues, "I think we can wipe out the lot of them with fire. It can be costly to the town, but we have to decide whether it's worth it to destroy this entire lot of undead. If we don't we'll just have to deal with them later.

"Or, we could suffer fewer losses of both life and property if the villagers used their usual tactic of barricading themselves in and waiting for the night to pass. We would be able to take pot shots from safe positions and kill a few undead. We would also be able to figure out what kinds of undead they are and what works well against them and what doesn't, but whoever sent them will know for sure we are fighting back.

"If we go with the plan of taking them on and destroying every last one quickly, we should protect the eastern buildings with water and start by standing on top of them. While the attackers are still at some distance (200 yards/600 feet), fire fire arrows towards them to see what we're up against and possibly start a blaze in the fields. It will be easier to aim at them as they approach then. As the undead funnel through between the buildings, throw down oil upon them and set it alight. From our vantage point on the buildings, we can still shoot them or attack with long weapons.

"I'm not sure I have a preference, though it seems more reasonable to go with the safer plan, even if it is less heroic."

25th Apr, 2018 - 12:43am / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lady of the Plains says...

I have to agree with you there Avan. Fire would be the best bet to deal with them at this point and firing fire arrows from the eastern building rooftops into the fields to set them ablaze which will also provide the light needed to shoot the arrows for those who do not see as well in the dark.
It's time to get things set up before they get here.

25th Apr, 2018 - 8:01am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Page 582 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Resiliant says...

Yes, your plan is sound Avan. I think I posted my action after yours though. I was thinking of reigning fire arrows at the undead creatures also. From the windows of the third floor of the Inn.

As there are 30 - 40 creatures descending upon the town, but we don't know exact arrival time. At this stage, I will hold up with the youth, in the rooms.

Only this time, the doors are locked and barricaded with beds, chairs etc.
You can however signal us, with the all-clear, or similar. If you want Rivoril, to advance upon the retreating creatures or similar action??

25th Apr, 2018 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

I doubt they will retreat as they feel no fear. They'll only do so if ordered. It should be more than safe enough for all of us to stand on the roofs of buildings. From here we get a better 360 degree view. You can be on the inn roof if you want, it should be even taller.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2018 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: I do suggest going with the fire, but let's keep it away from the town. Give them bait to March towards, light them on fire, and watch them burn as we stay out of their reach on the way to the town. Occasionally pelt some with arrows as we retreat, and chances are just a few skeletons will make it all the way.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Apr, 2018 - 2:28am / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 582

Lady of the Plains says...

Now with the map KN drew up for us, would it still be a good idea for Riv and teen boys to be on the Inn roof? Avil was thinking of getting on top of one the houses at the east end of the town and set them incoming zombies ablaze from there as well as get the "Fire wall" going from that vantage point as well. What do you think?

28th Apr, 2018 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 582

Dark Druid says...

I thought we were on the same page with that plan. Bastion and Avan were going ahead to harry the undead and diminish their number before they even get to the fire line. There is one flaw, the fire line will still have a road sized gap in it, no matter where it spreads. We could leave oil pots along the road set up as a series of traps, but they may also go off early, or we may miss them at a critical moment, or worse still they work against us if we try to advance. So I won't do it unless the rest of you think the idea has merit.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.