Harry Potter - Page 4 of 11

Victims of DUI drivers are in hospitals fighting - Page 4 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Jul, 2007 - 3:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Harry Potter Here Is One Review: I have a nephew that just loves Harry Potter. He thinks Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes. He has all of his movies that are out in the stores and all the merchandise with the Harry Potter logo on it, toys, bed sheets, books, pens, etc. I have bought much of the Harry Potter stuff for him. Including his first Harry Potter book. I have tried to read the books and even rented one of the movies to see if Harry Potter was all that and a pack of chips. But I just couldn't rate him to well. Maybe Harry Potter and I were never ment to be.
Harry Potter Related Information to Harry Potter
2nd Feb, 2007 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter - Page 4

Don't these books ever stop? I mean, I understand the hype and how it can come and go, but this seems to be lasting like the battery and bunny.

Rowling: New 'Harry Potter' due July 21

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last of seven installments of J.K. Rowling's mega-selling international phenomenon, will be published July 21 - at midnight, of course, a time to be marked by celebrations and more than a few tears, as Rowling wraps up the magical adventures of the boy wizard, his friends and his enemies.
Ref. Read more...

Harry Potter
Harry Potter (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
3rd Apr, 2007 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Potter Harry

Does anyone ever wonder about the phenomenal success behind JK Rowling's Harry Potter's books? According to what I have read, Rowling was a single mother trying to raise two children and chose to create Harry Potter, in hope of making some money. She used to write in a coffee shop while waiting to collect her kids from school. When she wrote her first Harry Potter book it was an instant success. But the interesting part of this story is, many witches (yes real witches) contacted JK Rowling and asked if she was a witch! Why? Well I believe all the Harry Potter books contain "spells" and these witches (the ones who contacted her) are claiming that these spells are real! Could this be a part of an elaborate publicity stunt used to sell more books? Recently, I saw on the news that a Harry Potter book was highlighted for a "spell" that was mentioned in detail in the book. It is fascinating to know that when the witches contacted Rowling to inquire if she was a witch, her response was that, she did extensive research at the library! I guess we will never know! Very plausible answer but it still makes you wonder doesn't it? alien.gif

I think kids enjoy reading these books for the spells in it! I believe that parents should not encourage their children to read or view Harry Potter books or movies since it clearly sends the wrong message to impressionable minds; it makes the world of witchcraft very glamorous, acceptable and not evil.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2007 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Sorry, but I personally find that very untrue. Many of my friends are fans of the series and they do not read them for the "spells in it". I was unaware that some people actually thought they were real until you posted that. What I and my friends see is a great story (that's it, a story) about good and evil. More than a few instances in the books can be related to stories in the Bible (I can name a few if you'd like) and thus reinforce moral values to a generation that's pretty lacking in said values. I seriously doubt that kids are converted to occultism because of the books. Yes, it is becoming more normal for people in this day and age to become occultists, but that is due largely to the deflation of values and the lack of warning of the dangers associated with the occult. The Harry Potter series degrades dark magic and it reinforces the concepts of moral values as powerful weapons against it. For example, the power of love is stressed upon without end as a means to defeat evil. If anything, I think the books *help* kids, especially to a generation of kids that are more at risk of any other to becoming disenchanted with the moral values that once were the norm of old. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree. wink.gif

17th Apr, 2007 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Potter Harry

Hello Macfresh! It is a pleasure to hear from someone new to the forum. I always try to keep an open mind when I am here. You seem to be an avid fan of Harry Potter. I am guessing that you have read all the Harry Potter books? I still have to wonder if Harry Potter did not possess any wizard powers, do you think kids will still read his books?

You mentioned that there are stories in the Harry Potter books that are similar to those in the Bible. Please enlighten me on all this! I also value your opinion on all the moral values that you have learnt from reading these books.

I am surprised to learn that you were unaware about the spells which JK Rowling uses in the Harry Potter books are real. JK Rowling claims that she usually changes a word or two in the spells, just in case kids decide to try them. I remember a report on CNN which indicated that a group of kids were performing a "Harry Potter spell" at school. So you see, children are at a stage where they are very impressionable and may not know the difference between good and evil. They are also very curious and try to imitate everything they see, hear or read. And this is why I stated that Harry Potter books portray witchcraft as glamorous and acceptable.

I look forward to reading your response Macfresh!

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Potter Harry

Harry Potter from a Religious angle can be found in the following Thread: Pope & Harry Potter.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2007 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Harry Potter

Fans debate Potter's fate in final book

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows won't be on sale until July 21, but fans are busier than the Sorting Hat on the first day of a new term at Hogwarts. They're discussing, dissecting and dishing on what has happened so far in the series and what will happen in the seventh and final book.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/20...ter-cover_N.htm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2007 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Harry Potter - Page 4

POTTER FANS TO ROWLING: SAVE HARRY

Thousands of Harry Potter fans have signed a petition urging J.K. Rowling to keep writing novels about the boy wizard after she admitted she could "never say never" to more books.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/...reut/index.html

12th Jul, 2007 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 4

Victims of DUI drivers are in hospitals fighting for their lives, children are being kidnapped out of their homes, police are struggling to find criminals guilty of gruesome murders and now people are signing a petition to beg JK Rowling, to save the life of a fictitious character! It is very amusing to learn what is considered as important for some people. The way these fans are behaving, you would think that Harry Potter has the magic potion to stop Global Warming!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Harry Potter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,