Harry Potter - Page 6 of 11

JK Rowling pens Potter 'prequel' - Page 6 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th May, 2008 - 12:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (11) »
Harry Potter Here Is One Review: I have a nephew that just loves Harry Potter. He thinks Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes. He has all of his movies that are out in the stores and all the merchandise with the Harry Potter logo on it, toys, bed sheets, books, pens, etc. I have bought much of the Harry Potter stuff for him. Including his first Harry Potter book. I have tried to read the books and even rented one of the movies to see if Harry Potter was all that and a pack of chips. But I just couldn't rate him to well. Maybe Harry Potter and I were never ment to be.
Harry Potter Related Information to Harry Potter
13th Aug, 2007 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter - Page 6

He told police that he had not sought to make money from his unauthorised translation, which appeared within a few days of the book's release on 21 July.

Investigators were reportedly struck by the "near-professional" quality of the boy's work.

Now this is an interesting turn of events! I never expected that JK Rowlings would choose not to sue for damages. The teenager never intended to exploit this opportunity for personal gain. I suppose JK Rowling recognizes a Harry Potter fan when she sees one! Or perhaps they were nonplussed by the "near professional" way he translated the book?

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2007 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Potter Harry

QUOTE (Geenie)
Or perhaps they were nonplussed by the "near professional" way he translated the book?

I am still actually trying to figure out how he did that for an entire book in such a short period. It had to of been a joint effort.

20th Oct, 2007 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Well, something was missing in Harry Potter's books, no? With all the gay talk these days, let's make a gay character.

NEW YORK -  Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay.

J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall. After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

29th Oct, 2007 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Potter Harry

Apparently, not everyone is a fan of Harry Potter. When sixth grade students expressed their love for the character, by voting Harry Potter as their favourite book, Reverend Ron Barker decided to remove the whole Harry Potter series from the library. He explained that he thought the world of witchcraft and sorcery were inappropriate for a Catholic school. Here are more details concerning this report:

https://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/20...try_bans_potter

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2007 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

I do not understand that. Why do people get rid of books in libraries and stuff. I mean if kids are reading for fun, who cares what they read. I have always lovedd to read and if anyone tried to stop me from reading something I liked I would go crazy. Sorcery and Magic? I'm catholic, my parents are catholic, we dont see how magic can "undermine" christian faith.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2008 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Harry Potter

'Harry Potter,' paperbacks are top trends in 2007
Expected to continue in 2008?

The year 2007 saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows shatter publishing records. It was also a year in which a number of books that sold modestly in hardcover became blockbusters in trade paperback. That trend is expected to continue in 2008. "I don't know if it's because people were nervous about the economy or because these were just fabulous stories to read, but trade paperbacks were huge, and I expect it to stay that way," says Cathy Langer of the Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/20...N.htm?csp=Books

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Mar, 2008 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter - Page 6

Harry Potter has been the partial inspiration for some of my own short stories, so do I like the book, of course I do, but I won't call myself a fanatic.

Post Date: 29th May, 2008 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Harry Potter Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 6

JK Rowling pens Potter 'prequel'

JK Rowling pens a short prequel to her popular Harry Potter books, in aid of charity.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7425041.stm

> TOPIC: Harry Potter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,