Harry Potter - Page 2 of 11

Quote from Suntimes.com QUOTE Next-to-last - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2004 - 3:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
Harry Potter Here Is One Review: I have a nephew that just loves Harry Potter. He thinks Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes. He has all of his movies that are out in the stores and all the merchandise with the Harry Potter logo on it, toys, bed sheets, books, pens, etc. I have bought much of the Harry Potter stuff for him. Including his first Harry Potter book. I have tried to read the books and even rented one of the movies to see if Harry Potter was all that and a pack of chips. But I just couldn't rate him to well. Maybe Harry Potter and I were never ment to be.
Harry Potter Related Information to Harry Potter
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2004 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter - Page 2

QUOTE (Danthion @ 6-Jan 04, 9:08 PM)
What is the first book in the serries?

Its called "Eye of the World" the series is called Wheel of Time. Its a 10 book series and its still going, it should end soon though sad.gif I love it, about what you said with evil winning....theres alot of that in this book....read it and have fun!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2004 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

thanks! yeah, i get in trouble all the time for me and my 'evil ways' but every one of my favorite characters (excluding about four out of many many books) are usually evil, turn evil, or die. I'm just the luckiest person wink.gif Now i have something to read again! Off to the library! biggrin.gif

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2004 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

My wife keeps insisting that I read Harry Potter,but it just is not interesting to me,the movies are ok.I'm more into substance,I have to care about the charactors or the story loses its meaning for me.After watching the first movie I have to wonder why someone does'nt take care of him.I dont like the way magic works either,I mean all I have to do is steal his "staff".It all sounds kind of fishy to me.

On a side note:I think its great that these books have gotten children back into reading.I just hope they dont get bored.

1st Nov, 2004 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Potter Harry

I am yet still to see the movie, but what is funny about all of this is Harry Potter has been around a long time, and just because of a few camera tricks the story is suddenly popular. It makes you wonder what else is out there that is 'old' and can suddenly become a 'new' big hit.

nuh, uh. I read the book when it was first published, and loved it even back then!

I also read LOTR before it was turned to a movie. It was pretty spooky when I heard that both of my favorite series are turning into movies exactly when I finished reading them.

As to the new big hit, my new favorite book is Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. THat is to become a best-selling movie too, I say.

My wife keeps insisting that I read Harry Potter,but it just is not interesting to me, the movies are ok.

The books are way better than the movies. I think Christopher Columbus
Offtopic but,
who would have that insane idea of calling his son Christopher Columbus?
was a bad choice for this - he is more for the comic cliche's. The only movie that did justice with the book was the third, with a different director. He did well, for my opinion, but still - never judge the book by it's movie. It should become a maxim.

more into substance,I have to care about the charactors or the story loses its meaning for me

She does that in the book. Daniel Radcliffe (harry) was just not very good with conveying Harry's emotions. No offense meant, Daniel, if you're reading this.

After watching the first movie I have to wonder why someone does'nt take care of him.

It's explained. They didn't want Harry to be exposed to the magical world after what's happened to him, and his only family relatives are the Dursleys

I dont like the way magic works either, I mean all I have to do is steal his "staff"

Not exactly true. You have to be a magician to get it to work.

It all sounds kind of fishy to me.

Fish are tasty. I like them.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2004 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

Hmmm...I think it's almost unfair to compare LOTR and Harry Potter. They were written for different audiences. Lord of the Rings is meant to enthrall you and be complex and have a lot of different levels to it. When Harry Potter originated, they were meant for children. As the series has progressed, though, the content in the books as far as substance goes is beginning to edge towards older people. I would think that Voldemort's resurrection would probably terrify a six year old. That was until I saw my seven year old niece reading it. (Which made me really proud since the book is over 400 pages long.)

I, personally, enjoy them. Sometimes my brain just needs to read something that I can enjoy that I don't have to sit there and analyze. I think Rowling does an amazing job by putting riddles into her books so that young adults, and even adults, can enjoy trying to figure out what's going to happen. Then, lo' and behold, there are so many loops thrown in it.

As far as the movies are concerned, they were okay. I do own them, but the books were, as they usually are, much better. I didn't like the third one as much as the first two. The director depicted certain characters in a way that was completely uncharacteristic of their personalities in the book. Draco, for instance, would never run away from Hermione. He would stand there and try to insult her, not look like a five year old running away from the boogy man. The set also changed horrendously, and didn't stay true to the book. As far as the overall plot line went, it was one of the better screen plays as far as not leaving anything major out, even if it was rather screwed up.

In general, I think the series is wonderful. It has sparked a new interest in children, and a lot of adults, in writing and reading. Anything that can do that, whether I personally enjoy it or not, has my respect.

24th Nov, 2004 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter

Draco, for instance, would never run away from Hermione. He would stand there and try to insult her, not look like a five year old running away from the boogy man.

Wasn't that also in the book? And the book did quite often depict him as one that is easily scared. For example, in the first book, when he and harry went alone in the forbidden forest as a punishement, I remember him being quite scared.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2004 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter - Page 2

Yes, he did in the first one. In the third book, she technically slapped him. Then she pulled her wand out on them. They didn't run off like they did in the movie. Draco just says "C'mon" and they walk off.

23rd Dec, 2004 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Quote from Suntimes.com

Next-to-last Potter book set for release in July

The latest and next-to-last installment in author J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" books will go on sale July 16, her publishers said Tuesday.

Rowling, 39, said on her Web site this week that she's just finished writing the sixth book in the mega-selling series, titled Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I have to admit I havent read any of the books and seen only the first and last movies, but I still don't see what the big deal is! At least it seems the end is in sight as there is only one more book slated after this one. I'll just try to keep my distance from any book stores on July 16, 2005.

https://www.suntimes.com/output/books/cst-nws-potter22.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Harry Potter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,