The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 29 of 33

QUOTE Bethouhumble, for the Prophet/President - Page 29 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Dec, 2014 - 3:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
2nd Sep, 2014 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 29

Is it possible for a prophet to believe something a previous prophet did not but still be a prophet?

Sponsored Links:
4th Sep, 2014 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Why not? The Adam-God theory comes to my mind. Brigham Young believed in this doctrine and was later recanted by the church.

5th Sep, 2014 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Excellent question. I think it's possible because prophets have their own views and revelations may change from time to time.

5th Sep, 2014 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 29 Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Prophets can believe whatever they please, they're not bound to believe certain things depending on which prophet from the past we're talking about. The Lord has the right to give revelation at any time and whatever He feels is needed for the Saints.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2014 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

I am sure that the people in the Book of Mormon, who were lead astray were not aware their leaders were doing it, and maybe the leaders did not realize it either in some cases, but it happens, and it has happened.

Anyone who is an avid reader of the Book of Mormon, should know it foretells, along with the D & C, that the Gentile LDS Church will eventually slide into Apostasy; the Lord declared when wickedness has reach a certain level in the US and in the Church, he will commence the cleansing in his house first; this is also seen in the parables of the separation of the wheat and tares, separation of the sheep and goats, and the parable of the 10 Virgins; even in our Ward, it is taught and known, that the 10 Virgins are active spiritual members, so half will not hear his voice and not make it to the Saviors Wedding Party, and will be shut out.

The Lord says, my sheep hear my voice, and I know them; the sheep will most likely leave or be excommunicated and the main membership will not even know it.

When I joined the Church 40 years ago, we were taught to never follow any leader blindly, confirm everything against the Holy Ghost, and increasingly the Spirt has failed to confirm important things.

If you read and study, one should see that things started drifting as soon as Brother Joseph was killed, and the Church today is not what the Lord intended or wants.

It didd slowly creep into the Church, that the Prophet will never lead you astray, but what prophet, the only know I am sure of, is Joseph Smith. I was taught as well, when I joined the Church 40 years ago, we were told, always test against Scripture and the Holy Ghost, we told, never put your trust in the Arm of Flesh.

16th Dec, 2014 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
If you read and study, one should see that things started drifting as soon as Brother Joseph was killed, and the Church today is not what the Lord intended or wants.

Your theory includes the prophet also falling into apostasy? I ask, because nothing from the pulpit at General Conference indicates that the church is in any calamity, at least not today.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2014 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough - Page 29

Bethouhumble, for the Prophet/President of the Church to be alarmed, one would have to assume he was aware and inspired. The last Prophet that I really could feel the Spirit with and the Holy Spirit testified to me, he was the one, was President Benson, somewhat with those that followed him, but I have never felt a confirmation from the Holy Ghost for our present President/Prophet.

Maybe you need to investigate the works of Denver Snuffer, but then maybe not, if you are not aware of what the Book of Mormon says.

D & C 112:

international QUOTE
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

There are some I verses in the Book of Mormon too, but don't have them at my finger tips at the moment, just happen to have D & C 112, because I had just made a Journal entry last week about it.

18th Dec, 2014 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 29

international QUOTE
Bethouhumble, for the Prophet/President of the Church to be alarmed, one would have to assume he was aware and inspired.

Now you have me concerned. So you are saying that our current prophet, Pres. Monson is not aware or inspired? You have as your religion "Mormon", are you sure?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,