The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 31 of 33

Josh, President Monson can be the Prophet - Page 31 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2015 - 10:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
21st Jan, 2015 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 31

international QUOTE
The problem with the LDS people and the Church today, is that they have fallen prey to the warnings in 2 Nephi.

I doubt the problem surrounds just 2nd Nephi. The problem should be on the first prophet that said so: Joseph Smith. People follow all kinds of cult leaders for various reasons. I agree that majority of members of the Mormon church have no clue about the fundamental beliefs of Mormons and the leadership is doing a good job of keeping it that way so Mormonism can appear more on par with mainstream Christianity. Hence whatever past prophets said is irrelevant to what the new 'prophet' says.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2015 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Joseph Smith was never the problem, it was those friends he had around him, who betrayed him to the Mob, and then tried to run things without the higher priesthood and without the needed revelation and direct contact with God. Instead like most modern institutions, turning to the Arm of Flesh, men of high standing and education.

I have to wonder, why are you even on this site, if you don't have some faith in the Restoration Joseph Smith started, and has now restarted under Denver Snuffer, the John the Baptist for our day. Are you just here to pick on the dying.

21st Jan, 2015 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
They depend on learned men, who don't really know their God nor Savior, who don't have the Holy Ghost; the blind leading the blind.

With all due respect couldn't that be applied to you and those that you recommend for reading? Are you discounting those who have prayed and felt the spirit confirm that they should follow the prophet even pres. Monson?

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2015 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 31 Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Latterdays, you have professed a true statement, the only divider of truth and error is the Holy Spirit. That is how I discern everything in my life today.

I will not be one to dismiss anyone who wants to believe and follow someone, that is everyones agency. I can only testify of what I know by the Holy Ghost, if you don't receive that, then so be it.

Do you have the Gifts/Fruits/Signs of the Holy Ghost, have you had the Baptism of Fire and received the Companionship of the Holy Ghost, have you been Chosen, and etc. Just trying to see what you experiences are, are you male or female, how long in the Church. If you have the Spirit you will understand why I ask, and not be in the dark or offended by me asking. These are all things one should be aware of, if a active member and walking in Gods Light.

When someone tells me something new, the Spirit lets me instantly, good or bad, yes or no, and I am not afforded. But I find that.

international QUOTE

1 Nephi 16:2 And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.
John 10: 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Taking into account even these verses, it leads to the parable of Separation of the Wheat from the Tares and the Goats from the Sheep. The Lord calls his sheep his sheep out from the Church, and we now seem to be at that time in prophecy.

You either feel the Spirit with what I am saying or you don't; even as imperfectly as I a try to show things, that should not affect the Spirit

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: When quoting anyone please use the Quote Tags. Constructive Posting Policy.

21st Jan, 2015 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

If someone is to follow your position then you are saying there would be an alternative prophet because usually in any apostasy there is some 'prophet in the wilderness' warning people about it. If this is so I hope its not limited to an internet forum on Mormon doctrine. I will also say that length of membership is irrelevant.

international QUOTE
Do you have the Gifts/Fruits/Signs of the Holy Ghost, have you had the Baptism of Fire and received the Companionship of the Holy Ghost, have you been Chosen, and etc.

Following the prophet is something you decide to do at baptism and every time you renew your covenants at sacrament meeting. Personal spiritual achievement is just that - personal. Like LatterDays said if someone feels the spirit testify to them something who is anyone to question that. Therefore if someone feels the spirit has indicated to them that they should follow the prophet then we are not above them to say they are wrong.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2015 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If I read all of the web chatter and data, we are having a unprecedented display of heavily signs, in the Sky, which will culminate on Sept 13the or so, when Rosh-Hashanah Starts for the Jews. Almost unheard of events, two blood moons, then a almost complete solar eclipse then two more blood moons, all on Jewish Feast days, the last blood moon being on Rosh-Hashanah. It appears the last blood moon will be over Israel, if others are correct. Some are not sure when level of lunar blood moons and eclipse event, last happened; maybe at the birth or death of Jesus Christ ?

So we are at time of change, the gather of Israel, begins when the Gentile LDS church goes into Apostasy, the Book of Mormon and D & C talk of it, the Ancient prophets gave warnings over an over, about us and our time.

President Monson is president of the Church, that does not automatically make him the Prophet of the Church or the World, unless God so verifies it. He does have the right to speak for the LDS Church, being president of the Corporation of the President. But not for how everyone lives their own personal lives, as long as they are living by the Holy Spirit. I received a witness from the Holy Ghost that all were ok, until Manson, and I have been a member for over 40 years. I have not left the Church, but I do speak my mind when the Spirit tells me to.

The word prophet is often misunderstood, and look at the prophets in the Book of Mormon, they were most often teaching against the established norms of their day. By definition any person with the Holy Spirit is a prophet, if asked by the Lord to be one. Not too many years ago, we were told to be Prophets, too seek our calling and election before the Lord.

Reconcile Edited: DavidLJ on 22nd Jan, 2015 - 12:01am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2015 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough - Page 31

international QUOTE
President Monson is president of the Church, that does not automatically make him the Prophet of the Church or the World, unless God so verifies it.

Is that your personal opinion? Where did you get the information that he is not the prophet of the church?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2015 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 31

Josh,

President Monson can be the Prophet of the LDS Church, I am not in a position to say otherwise, but that does not mean he is speaking the will of God. Yes, I understand he has that right, he is President of the LDS Church, he can delude to himself or anyone what he wants. He is doing good, so are most of the members in the Church, but is it the full will of God. If you exceed the will of God, and don't use your agency correctly, it then becomes an Abomination before the Lord.

The Holy Ghost has shown me ,that the Spacious Building in the Book of Mormon, is the Church, but that is as it was foretold and works for the Lord, as a refining tool at the same time; to see who will find the their way through the mist, to the tree of life, and their Lord; that is another story, the Tree of Life. The story of the Tree of life and the Olive tree both speak of this time, we are in now, and the apostasy which will happen before the real gathering of Israel starts, when the Lord gathers in the few sheep who actually hear him.

You would do well to read the Book of Mormon, it is full of warning for our time in history, especially for the Gentiles, which make up the mass of most of the Church members.

Have you read in depth, by the spirit 2 Nephi, and especially chapter 28. This is a warning for us today, it is our time; we are Zion in this reference, in its pre stage. The Book of Mormon is full of warnings and clues about the Churches apostasy in these times. I do all things by the Spirit.

Scriptures are rife of warnings about trusting the arm of flesh, it always leads to people turning to leaders to guide the way and not the Lord.

international QUOTE
2 Nephi 28:24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!

25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

26 Yea, wo be unto him that hearkeneth unto the precepts of men, and denieth the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost!

27 Yea, wo be unto him that saith: We have received, and we need no more!

28 And in fine, wo unto all those who tremble, and are angry because of the truth of God! For behold, he that is built upon the rock receiveth it with gladness; and he that is built upon a sandy foundation trembleth lest he shall fall.

29 Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!

30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

32 Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

+  « First of 33 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,