The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 32 of 33

Benson, and others, I can see you don't - Page 32 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Feb, 2015 - 10:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
24th Jan, 2015 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 32

international QUOTE
President Monson can be the Prophet of the LDS Church, I am not in a position to say otherwise

That is a contradiction to what you said earlier. Its either he is the prophet of the Lord's true church or not. I also find it odd that you will focus all your arguments on 2 Nephi when those verses, like many others do not necessarily speak to an apostasy in the Lord's church on September 13th but that is something you should cover in your own topic I think unless you also consider yourself a prophet on the level of Pres. Monson.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2015 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

You cannot judge by what you are told or read, in itself, you have to always have the Holy Ghost enlighten it for you. That is why God often warns about trusting in the arm of flesh, it always in time leads you away from God.

A contradiction only exist in what I have said, if you are reading what I said correctly. When I said he has the power to be the Prophet of the Church, that is fact, just like any president can do what his board and members say he can. But that is actually a different potato. And just because he is or claims to be, does not verify that God sustains that, and God has not sustained that to me by the Holy Ghost, which is how I how taught to believe in the Church over 40 years ago,, by the Church it self.

Conversation is going no where, if both don't have the Companionship of the Holy Ghost; things of this nature, are not discerned by ones mind, but by Spirit. And if you are not even wiling to pray and consider what I have said, then you are still in the mist, and your eyes are not open.

I was only focusing on 2 Nephi, because I had been reading them again lately.

Are you aware of D & C 112; seems like I have used this here before; it speaks of a time when the Lord will cleanse this nation for it evils and abominations, and the cleansing of the Church, for the same reasons. As a multi descendant of the House of Israel, and and a descendant of Nephi, I have been waiting for this time. There would be no reason for the Church to be cleansed, if it had not fallen into Apostasy.

international QUOTE
D & C 112: 24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church in this place, saith the Lord.

28 But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;

29 And he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, and he that believeth not, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: When quoting anyone please use the Quote Tags. Constructive Posting Policy.

25th Jan, 2015 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Basically, if the prophet says something we can receive a testimony of it via the spirit almost immediately if we are already in tune with the spirit or have him as a constant companion. Some may need more time to go and gain that companionship. I believe for the most part we have already agreed that Pres. Monson is the prophet. Since we are sharing scriptures:

international QUOTE (Matthew 7:15)
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

And yet another:

international QUOTE (1 Corinthians 2:11)
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2015 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 32 Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Agree with the last post in part, we need the Holy Ghost, it tells us all things, even slowly sanctifies us, to be come more like God and to be able to abide in his presence.

The Parable of the 10 Virgins; 5 were ready, 5 were not, when a servant was sent from the Lord to gather in those appointed to enter into the wedding feast. They could not, because they had not taken the time to know their God and Savior, they and not taken upon them the companionship of the Holy Ghost, to even here the message to hurry and enter in, before the doors were closed.

It is something that takes time to prepare for, one cannot suddenly make the change; and one cannot not fake or pretend to be, in this case.

It is a great truth and no real mystery, when our Lord says, my sheep know my voice, and I know them, and have chosen them out of the world

16th Feb, 2015 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Even though you say that yet you discount those who have already received that witness so how does that mesh with what you are saying or are you implying that we are somehow not as worthy as you are to 'see' passed Pres. Monson as the Lord's appointed prophet?

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2015 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

BeThouHumble,

If you want to put it like that, then Yes.

Case in point, we are in the shadow of the Time of Christ's mission on Earth, he testified agains't the Leaders of his then present religious powers, and look what they did to him, and they knew not what they did, at least until he died.

Even in the Americas, most did not heed the warnings of Samuel and other prophets, and after Christ's death, and the devastations, only a few remained, out of the tens of millions that were alive.

The Holy Ghost has shown me, that most don't have their eyes opened, they are blind to the the Spirit for the most par; all they can do is, follow the Leader, which is the Gory of the moon and stars. Do you understand the process: Baptism by Water, Gift of the Holy Ghost; but that does not normally give one the Companionship of the Holy Ghost, that comes when with the Baptism of Fire, spoken about in Scripture, especially the Book of Mormon. Not until then, are ones eyes truly open, here one essentially enters Terrestrial Glory, which allows Christ to communicate with them, this happens to prepare you, the process of Sanctification, to prepare one, to eventually have their calling and election made sure; where they can be in Christ presence and abide with him.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins, the ones who don't have enough oil, are those who don't have their eyes open, they think they are doing what the Lords wants, but are not.

I could go on an on, but if you don't see, or feel by the Spirit, what I am saying, then there is nothing I can say or do, to help you, that has to come from within you, and is between you and the Lord.

Who knows, maybe you will wake up, when the Signs in the Heavens show up, or when the earthquakes speak to you. If you don't understand these things, then you don't know your Scriptures, or the Spirit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Feb, 2015 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough - Page 32

international QUOTE
If you don't understand these things, then you don't know your Scriptures, or the Spirit

Or maybe self-righteous opinions manipulated by the use of a few verses and personal praise is what's the true scenario here. Let me see, who will I choose: "DavidLJ" From an online blog setting or the established prophet that has shown fruits because by their fruit you will know them.

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2015 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 32

Benson, and others, I can see you don't know the Book of Mormon and D & C, or you would not dismiss me so easily. When you have read the Book of Mormon close to 100 times, directed by the Holy Spirit, then you can point a finger at me and say HA !. Otherwise you would be aware of the warnings of the Book of Mormon Prophets, about our day; aren't you taught the same thing in Sunday School and in Priesthood, as we are in the US.

If you are into Church History, you should know the Lord cursed the Church, after Joseph Smith death. Most of the keys, and higher priesthood was not passed on, after Joseph's death, only the lower Aaronic Priesthood was still here, like it was after Moses was taken and after Christ's Apostles were all finally killed off.

+  « First of 33 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,