The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 33 of 33

QUOTE Now, to whom we should follow....the - Page 33 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Mar, 2015 - 8:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  29 30 31 32 33 

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
16th Feb, 2015 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 33

The warnings are to avoid wickedness and to stand in holy places not to decipher if the Lord's church has true leadership or not. If we're still trying to figure that out then we're really lost. We may as well revisit if Joseph actually was chosen as the latter-day prophet and if he did get the plates.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2015 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

I understand the warning, and they are good. I guess if one does not have enough of the Spirit to find their way, then one better listen. I am thankful for what I have learned.

A prophet speaks for God, and delivers truth, which Joseph did, so he is a Prophet. But by scripture, he was just mainly to restore, to start the restoration.

If you study the vision if the tree of life, by Lehi and Nephi; one should see, the Church is here to restore and gather, but we should grow past the basics, and find our way out of the mist, present in the Spacious field, that the one in white has lead us to, where in the Church today, do you see the Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit that should be evident, the Book of Mormon warns about that too.

The Holy Spirit is there to enlighten our way, to lead us out of the Mist, in the Spacious field; our Baptism of Fire opens up the way.

I have no problem with Joseph Smith, I know he is a Prophet of God, and I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God; I knew that over 40 years ago, after reading just a few verses. The Holy Ghost pushed me to talk to the Missionary Elders at our College. I am a descendant of Ephraim, of Aaron and the House of David, I well know the Spirit, and my God. This was not my choosing, even chatting here on this site, I do nothing, not confirmed by the Spirit. I seek for no power of glory, but only to bare the light I have been given.

1st Mar, 2015 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
Now, to whom we should follow....the living Prophet or the Scriptures? What do you think?

In answer to the original question that started this topic in the first place I will say follow both. What you see as a contradiction might be really an expansion or fulfillment. During Jesus' mortal ministry the scribes and Pharisees had the same problem understand how Jesus' 'new' teachings could be in line with what the olden prophets said but it was very much in line and a fulfillment to what they olden prophets said.

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,