Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 3 of 15

Sorry, I guess I should have stated that plural - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jun, 2004 - 4:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (15) »
Best of  Polygamy An Answer Social Ills Still practised in this modern age, can we see any benefits if it were accepted in the Western Hemisphere?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
22nd May, 2004 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 3

Certainly from reading this article and others as well, it seems that many (not all I am sure) of these polygamous marriages are arranged for girls when they are very young. It does seem like they have little if any choice in the matter.

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2004 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Tena, and that's why those kind of marriages I'm not very keen about it. I have read several stories about how some of those young girls are married to old men who abused them and treat them really bad. Obviously the concept of Plural Marriage is very different to what our Church teaches or practised in the past.

23rd May, 2004 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Which was my point in saying, that if the whole thing were run by the *women* and not the *men*, in my opinion the outcome of these "relationships" would be very different. There is no way in the world I would groom my daughter to be handed over to some lecherous old geezer at the age of 12!! How these men control these women to do such things is beyond me.

IMO
Roz

23rd May, 2004 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Ills Social Answer Polygamy

I suppose they brainwashing them or something undecided.gif I believe a lot of abuse is going on and that's why they accept so normally what these men are telling them, I don't see other logical explanation.

4th Jun, 2004 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Recently I was studying the effects of plural marriage through online authoritative web sites that claim the positive outcomes for women and children. One thing came to mind about the Western world's thinking is this: it is okay (by law as well) for a man to cohabit with more than one woman so long as he is not legally married to one of them. It is crazy once you think about it. With the debate over who really should say that marriage is one man to one woman we have to give consideration to the idea that one day plural marriage may once again become legal in the Western Hemisphere.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2004 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
A Friend

I wouldn't call what the men do in the plural marriages good in any way. They use religion to scare the families into doing it because it is "the way God wants it". The religious interperetations used for this practice has been denounced long ago, as we all know.

I agree with the previous statement that we have plenty of people living together out of wedlock in this society, so one day plural marriages may one day again be legal...seems very possible to me undecided.gif .

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jun, 2004 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills - Page 3

The religious interperetations used for this practice has been denounced long ago, as we all know.

Denounced by who? spock.gif It still goes on today, one of the biggest participants being the Muslims (hundreds of million people)

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2004 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Polygamy Answer Social Ills Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Sorry, I guess I should have stated that plural marriages have been denounced by the LDS religion. It still goes on through the fundamentalist LDS groups, and is still an issue in Utah, but the law enforcement turns it head, until somone makes them look at the issue.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,