Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 11 of 15

As a woman I can't see myself sharing - Page 11 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th Jan, 2010 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 15 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Best of  Polygamy An Answer Social Ills Still practised in this modern age, can we see any benefits if it were accepted in the Western Hemisphere?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
5th Sep, 2009 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 11

Right now, I know a man who is having a physical relationship with three different women. He is married to one of them. He has children with two of them. For all anyone knows, he may have still more that he is stringing along.

The only people that really care are those directly involved. None of the women seem to care, only their families. The legal system doesn't care.

This guy is NOT a good father. His actual involvement in the children's lives is minimal, consisting of taking them to Little Ceasar's so that they can play video games, or going to the park with other people so that the other people will watch them.

He doesn't support the women, beyond his required child support payments. He is a polygamist, without the commitment to love, support, and sustain his wives. The real problem is that he is representative of a growing segment of our society. Yet, once again, those who WANT to be polygamists, in the true sense of the word, are subject to prosecution and jail time.

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2009 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Yet, once again, those who WANT to be polygamists, in the true sense of the word, are subject to prosecution and jail time.

Why will you want to have so many wives though? Are there women who will agree to this and actually like get along without fighting and jealousy?

5th Sep, 2009 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

What if a man loves two women? And they love him, and want to all be a family? Who says anything about "so many wives?"

I have a cousin who is the junior wife in a polygamous marriage. She is very happy in her marriage. Actually, this is her second polygamous marriage since her first husband died of cancer four or five years ago.

Polygamy does not imply five or ten or fifteen wives. Most polygamous marriages around the world have two to four wives. I think that the very most common polygamous marriage is one man with two wives.

5th Sep, 2009 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Somebody mentioned about one woman and many husbands? So you also agree that one woman can love two men? If you don't thats like kind of being a hypocrite.

26th Jan, 2010 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Surprise, Surprise! Look at the cover of National Geographic issue February 2010. I will have to get LDS_forever to have a read and see what they say.

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? (Hover)

26th Jan, 2010 - 7:48am / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

I have more problems than I can handle with one woman. I don't see how two or three would be better.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jan, 2010 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills - Page 11

I have not yet figured out why a society gets soooo upset about the fact that two or more women love the same man. Want to get married to him, is aware of the other woman and in fact are friends. Each of the woman excercises their own agency in deciding that that is what they want to do with their lives. The man loves both deeply and everybody involved takes care of each other's needs. We don't rip off people, pay taxes, in fact our children in general, are more decent dressed, practically never use foul language, do well in school. I would say that we can be measured against any other community and we will fare well.

If there is abuse (in what ever form) let the law deal with it. It has NOTHING to do with polygyny. Deal with it fairly for all marriage/common law/ same gender situations. Same holds true for welfare abuse. Deal with it. What about unemployment rip offs, workers comp scams. Deal with it. Don't make it a polygamy issue. It's a society issue.

When I became an American 2 years ago, they specifically asked me about polygamy? I did not know that this was a national issue in this country. They never asked me if I was a bank robber, etc.

When I go back into my European history, there was no "government agency" in order to get married. We just got together and society accepted us as a "couple". Who decided that we need government approval? I can understand that because of religious believes you want to see your church leaders but other than that????

26th Jan, 2010 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 11

As a woman I can't see myself sharing a man or MY man. When I get married one day I want my husband to see to my needs and the needs of our children not to the OTHER woman and her children. Like Oliron said 99% of men cannot do that for themselves, even less can do it for their wife so thinking about doing it for many women is just not a reality.

+  « First of 15 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

> TOPIC: Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,