Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 12 of 15

I have heard a lot about a man having many - Page 12 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Mar, 2010 - 4:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 15 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Best of  Polygamy An Answer Social Ills Still practised in this modern age, can we see any benefits if it were accepted in the Western Hemisphere?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2010 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 12

Posts with Religious material moved to relevant Board. This is Polygamy Discussed as a social issue and not Religious as the Topic says, "Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills".

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2010 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

I have often wondered about the divorce rates as well as the extra marital affairs, or sexual relationships taking place. Would that have been different if that couple would have been in a polygyny situation? I think you can make your case that it would. This then would impact one parent families. I am told that the majority of kids in school are from broken up marriages. Hm, what is the divorce rate of polygyny vs monogamous marriages? I guesss we really don't have the data but some how I think it is much less for the polygyny marriages. What about the elderly that have nobody to associate with. Being lonely after their spouse passes away. Let's look at the current foreclosures in the real estate market. With three wives and a husband I just might be able to pay off my mortgage a lot faster, as well as be able to meet my financial obligations? Remember not everybody has 300 kids. Polygyny kids tend to be better dressed, more polite, less violence in school or on the streets. Less drinking. You would look at the family court cases, the social workers, the mediation costs, lawyer fees. For me monogamy has a tremendous cost to society and is a major contributor to all the social problems that we face.

It's not a utopia but it has it's positive sides.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2010 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Zulfiqar

Comments: Polygamy is good in the sense that it can take care of women who are in need of some support.But it has pitfalls also. Woman-battering can also be a sequel.What if women start practicing polyandry. I think polygamy ought to be a controlled and properly monitored practice with legal protection for the women.

30th Jan, 2010 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Spousal abuse excists in all forms of relationships and we have laws on the books for that. My point is that in a polygyny type marriage there is more protection for the wives as they are not by themselves as in monogamy.

Regarding controls, I cannot imagine, somebody "controlling" or monitoring relationships. The problem that I see is that when you make something "illegal" you push it underground with the result that you now have really no handle on that issue. It is counter productive.

The law should deal quickly, with domestic violence. Zero tolerance!

4th Mar, 2010 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

As much as I hate to admit it there was some plausibility in having many wives back when the world was unstable and unorganized, help few and a man earned most of what he had through husbandry or other similar means including farming. There wasn't all the regulations with marriage there is now. It would profit a man to have a harem and loads of children to help. That way he didn't have to hire servants and slaves. Polygamy today wouldn't work because the more family you have the more regulated you are, and it gets really expensive, having one wife is issue enough. My answer is "No" its not an answer to social ills.

5th Mar, 2010 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

Blogger: I think that if you have a contrary position, you should really read some of the posts that have argued the opposite side and address their arguments. You really don't debate any of these points.

Can you explain what you mean by : The more kids you have the more regulated you are? I was not anymore "regulated" with 10 kids as I was with the first. And what do you mean by "regulated"?

Regarding the expenses, the same holds true. The cost really is not THAT much more. Mostly hand me downs plus sometimes something new. Not a lot of money. Food, Are you aware that in the USA we pay less as a percentage of our income on food then any other developed nation? It again is not that much more to feed 6 verses 8.

Do you actually have kids yourself? Ever had two wives? or are you discussing this purely from an academic point?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Mar, 2010 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills - Page 12

What does my personal life have to do with my opinion about polygamy being an answer to social ills? Do you have a general working study that shows that having more than one wife cures social ills?

5th Mar, 2010 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 12

I have heard a lot about a man having many wives being a possible solution to problems of today. I wonder how accepting people would be to the concept if it was a woman who had multiple husbands. I am going to go out on a limb and say most people who view a man having multiple wives as ok would freak out if it was the other way. To me there is a certain amount of male chauvinistic properties in this, lets be honest.

+  « First of 15 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

> TOPIC: Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,