Make Drugs Legal? - Page 3 of 18

With all respect, I cannot understand the - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st May, 2004 - 7:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (18) »
Discuss  Make Drugs Legal Marijuana Laws
Make Drugs Legal? Related Information to Make Drugs Legal?
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2004 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal? - Page 3

well if same restrictions are applied to drugs all age groups will take them and the goverment knows that and so if younger people take them then it does get serious and this why it shouldnt be legal

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2004 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

I (surprisingly) agree with the majority view on this.

Let's look at what I would suggest are the principles here...

I do not have the right to stop someone growing any type of plant they want in their garden. I do not have the right to stop them using that plant in any way they choose (as long as they are not violating my or another's rights).

If I do not have that authority then how can government have it? Government can only have those powers that people delegate to it in the first place. If that authority does not exist in me I cannot grant it to government.

Cannabis/Hemp/Marijuana is - as one post pointed out - is a tremendous bolster to the economy and prosperity of a nation. Hemp farms were common in America up until about 125 years ago.

Hemp has a number of amazing properties:

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the greenhouse effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is the same one that has done it before... CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA!

See: www.jackherer.com for the full article. I was amazed when I read of all the properties and benefits of this plant. And in one foul swoop it is all lost under the guise of the "war on drugs".

As far as the negative effects are concerned. If someone under the influence of drugs (which is an abuse in my opinion) harms someone else then they must bear the consequence of their actions. However, I would not deem this criminal but civil so that a restitution not a punishment would be incurred (though this would become a punishment if the guilt party refused to make restitution if it went to a civil trial). If there is no criminal intent it cannot be a crime. Period. Otherwise we are punishing innocent behaviour which is in itself criminal.

Dubhdara.
(as always, PM me for more information!)

Reconcile Edited: dubhdara on 26th Apr, 2004 - 6:51pm

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal? Health & Special Psychology

i fully do agree with you there but lets forget this now for a moment, cant any one see how dangoures drugs are? they mess up your head it causes alot of hassle, u cant really compare growng apples with growing weed its totaly diffrent weed kills and harms the body, even if it harms the body a little bit its still called harming the body i also think smoking ciggs and alcohol should be banned from public places inc. streets!!

it would be fine by me if weed is legal but only to be consumed in your own home if you wish and not to be taken to parks and streets and anywhere else!

it would be good idea to leglise weed actully because then the goverment could force some kind of tax if you are to have a special licance which gives you the right to smoke weed!

an income for the goverment there!!!!!

27th Apr, 2004 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Legal Drugs Make

i fully do agree with you there but lets forget this now for a moment, cant any one see how dangoures drugs are? they mess up your head it causes alot of hassle, u cant really compare growng apples with growing weed its totaly diffrent weed kills and harms the body

I think we can see they are dangerous, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be illegal. Sugar is dangerous if you abuse it. Should we make that illegal too? Or, perhaps available only by prescription so you don't eat too much candy and cake. laugh.gif:-->laugh.gif

Many every day things we enjoy the freedom to do are considered dangerous by some. For example, one of the most dangerous things we allow our children to do is ride bicycles. It is a leading cause of injury and death in children, but no one is suggesting it be banned. Many places have laws requiring the use of helmets to make it safer, but not an outright ban. This is how I feel drugs should be handled as well. Regulated, but not banned.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 27th Apr, 2004 - 10:56pm

27th Apr, 2004 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

Yhayatli did write:

u cant really compare growng apples with growing weed its totaly diffrent weed kills and harms the body, even if it harms the body a little bit its still called harming the body

I believe there is no difference. I knew of someone who was killed when they had an apple thrown at them and it hit them in the temple. Who makes the decision as to danger? Tobacco and alcohol have uses that are very beneficial to man; indeed all natural things seem to have some good use they can be put to. Who granted governments power to have a monopoly on these resources, or indeed to regulate them at all?

i also think smoking ciggs and alcohol should be banned from public places inc. streets!! it would be fine by me if weed is legal but only to be consumed in your own home if you wish and not to be taken to parks and streets and anywhere else!

I think you raise a valid point in differentiating between what is done publically and what is done on private property. What is done publically would need to be decided locally upon those principles I have heretofore mentioned.

it would be good idea to leglise weed actully because then the goverment could force some kind of tax if you are to have a special licance which gives you the right to smoke weed!

I do not agree with enforced taxation*, and I am opposed to all forms of licensing**, so I can't agree with you here.

an income for the goverment there!!!!!

and I'm certainly against that too wink.gif

Tenaheff, you have a good attitude towards freedom and responsibility - would that more thought like you!

Dubhdara.

* I cannot take property from someone by force so I cannot delegate any such power to government. A just taxation must therefore be by consent and not enforced, those not paying it being free but not enjoying the benefits thereof.

** licensing is the power to stop someone entering the profession or activities of their choice. I have no authority to stop someone entering a profession or activity of their choice, so neither can government do it on my behalf.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal?

HaHaHa HaHaHa you did shut me up there tongue.gif and i ave no choice but to give-up, actully you were right on most of your points, in here Oxford i do see alot of weed smokers around and they dont tend to be very freindly weed does have some bad side effects on your mins im sure and i know you gonna say, and so does choclate but i mean come on choclate will make you fat and thats it it dont affect the way your brain works,

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal - Page 3

I agree with what most people said here. I think that certain drugs should be legalized. There's good and bad in everything. I think that the sooner someone learns how to moderate something, the sooner they can overcome whatever problem they have with it. People will always break the law and do illegal things, but most of these people don't get caught, and live happy, productive lives. From what I've seen, it's soo hard to find drugs sometimes that when they're found, the users tend to overdo it(enjoy it while it's here). It's hard to learn any kind of moderation or responsibilty that way. I also think that there's alot worse drugs that are legal(cigerettes, alcohol, paxil, zoloft, methadone, etc, etc.) I've heard theories about how the government creates a problem so that they can create a solution and monopolize and profit off of it. That's where alot of crime stems from in the black market(and the government) is competition and business. The harder something is to get, especially drugs, the more people will obsess about it. This rings true with many things.

21st May, 2004 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

With all respect, I cannot understand the concept of legalizing drugs when it is obvious and proven that have deadly consequences to those who use them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Make Drugs Legal?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,