Make Drugs Legal? - Page 8 of 18

Ah, a good place to put my moderate economic - Page 8 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2006 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (18) »
Discuss  Make Drugs Legal Marijuana Laws
Make Drugs Legal? Related Information to Make Drugs Legal?
30th Apr, 2006 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal? - Page 8

I don't think the Mexicans base their legislation on how it will effect the US. But you make a very good point about it being a sellers market in Mexico.

I believe decriminalising less harmful drugs would be a good move. But they shouldn't make this mistake with dangerous drugs such as heroin, GBH, LSD, acid or Ice. I'm not sure whether it really helps to decrimilaise cocaine either as I imagine that would be the major drug they are trying to fight?

The reason why I would partially support this move is because millions, if not billions, of dollars in police resources are wasted each year arresting petty drug users. Their arrest doesn't do anything to solve the problem. If you decriminalise party drugs, pot and other narcotics that are not really harmful in small dosages, you take the criminal element away from this group. It means money can be better spent elsewhere.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I have seen this culture first hand. It is frustrating that so much money is wasted arresting people who are harming nobody but themselves.

People will not be lured into taking drugs if small quantities of the less harmful ones are legal. I think that is the fear by those who believe in a no tolerance approach. No tolerance never solves social problems, at the very best it pushes them to another area or further underground.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2006 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

If we was to legalize all drugs there would be a big user boom for a while and then it would die own later on and there would be far less avoiding such things in public. They should still be banned from work places and such, as well as public places and driving under influences. In my opinion non of them should be legal but hemp. Like was stated before they used to use hemp for almost everything but now it is never used except to smoke but it is legal for glaucoma.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2006 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal? Health & Special Psychology

I think that there is a compromise that should be used instead of straight legalization. There is a distinct difference between drugs like Marijuana and Cocaine and others like LSD, Xtasy, and Heroin. The first two are not even physically addictive and do less damage to the body than Cigarettes and Alcohol according to doctors studies.

Drugs like Meth and Heroin are extremely addictive and deadly dangerous with permanent damage created early on for the majority of users. Drugs like LSD and PCP are hallucinogenics that often cause the user to become unaware of their actions with small or moderate amounts of usage. This makes these types of drugs an inherent danger to themselves and others.

Drugs that primarily only harm you when using responsibly you be made legal. Drugs that inherently make you a danger to society even with "responsible" use should be banned. Drugs like Marijuana and Cocaine are no more dangerous to the person or others than Alcohol and Cigarettes. Are they bad for you? Well of course they are. But that should be my choice to use it. If I hurt someone then my privileges should be taken away, much the same way as when you hurt someone when driving after drinking.

There really is no benefit for making all drugs illegal other than having more government control. What makes anyone think the government can better determine what I should and shouldn't be doing? Have they proven better at decision making than me?

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Page 8 Legal Drugs Make

While I believe that the beginning to true freedom is compromise, ultimately its my choice what goes into my body as long as I don't harm anyone else. But here are some interesting stats.

Average deaths per year related to alcohol: 60,000
Average deaths per year related to tobacco use: 350,000
Average deaths per year related to marijuana use: 0

Number of americans who use alcohol at least once a week: 48 Million
Number of tobacco smokers: 47 Million
Number of americans that use marijuana at least once a month: 27 Million

Percentage of people who use alcohol to those who die from alcohol: .1%
Percentage of people who use tobacco to those who die from it: .75%
Percentage of people who use marijuana to those who die from it: 0%

There are 7 remaining people on the original medical marijuana program. One such person is Irvin Rosenfeld has been on the program for 21 years. He smokes nearly fifteen joints a day including two when he gets up, two at break, two at lunch, two on the way home in his car. He hasn't been in a wreck once and is a successful stock trader. The man is what you would call 'high' all the time because if he is not, he is in terrible pain from a bone tumor disease. So he is productive and wealthy all on his own while taking marijuana constantly?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a good reason not to at least legalize marijuana, a reason that is not moral in nature, but real facts as to why it needs to be illegal and why users should go to jail for using it.

21st Jul, 2006 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

I strongly believe that drugs should not be legalized in any shape or form. The only thing that drugs bring into the world are poverty, dependency , greed, violence and depravation, to name just a few. They tear families apart, and there is no excuse or need whatsoever, (in my opinion) to make them more freely accessible, this can only bring more harm upon our worlds inhabitants!
The only people who stand to gain anything from this are the corrupt who stand to make millions.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2006 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal?

Hate to tell you this Diane, but the only ones making money from it now are the corrupt, the underground, lawbreakers, and the black market. We have hundreds of thousands of victimless criminals in jail and there crime is doing something bad to themselves. Its the equivalent of putting someone in jail for beating them selves up.

Drugs already break up families because people get put in jail for long periods of time. A regulated drug industry would be better than what we have now, less people would die, less people go to jail, more tax money for the state. Studies show that people are going to do the drugs whether its legal or not. And indeed, your argument was used against alcohol as well so many years ago during prohibition. We have the historical evidence in this country, prohibition DOES NOT WORK. It never has in any social group or country ever. All it does is create an unregulated, dangerous, black market, like we have now.

Since the war on drugs started, heroine purity has gone from around 7% to nearly 80%. So the war on drugs has created a black market the has made heroine both cheaper and more potent in the last twenty years. So that is what prohibition brings us, not a lower drug use, but a market where drugs get cheaper, easier to get, and more dangerous. All indicators and studies show that less people get harmed, less crime is committed, and more money is made by legal drugs. The fears of more divorce and broken families is really only an unsubstantiated fear as countries with legal drugs have lower crime rates and divorce rates than us. I mean, we already have a nearly 60% divorce rate in this country, the legal drugs won't make it worse.

Add to that, my last post showed a man on drug 21 per the US government. How come his life hasn't been ruined?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jul, 2006 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal - Page 8

Just as Prohibition made alcohol suppliers extremely rich, and created vast criminal networks that have lasted until today, so has the war on drugs created similar networks.

I agree with konquererz about marijuana being a far less dangerous drug than alcohol.

If heroin, cocaine, and even methamphetamine were available legally, then the underground networks would have nothing to profit from their activities. The stupid home brewers of methamphetamine would be out of business in days.

Now, remember that I am NOT a fan of government regulation and taxation, but even a small amount of taxation on legal drugs would be far more effective in destroying criminal activity than the full scale war that is being waged by many countries now.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2006 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal Psychology Special & Health - Page 8

Ah, a good place to put my moderate economic thoughts.

First of all, drugs, alcohol, and tobacco is bad. True, not in the same extent, but if it's bad do we really need shades of gray?

It's like saying to a 3 year old kid, "It's okay that you took your brother's legos, just make sure you don't throw them at him".

I see drugs as a problem which arises from lack of opportunities to make money in a legitimate form.

Money itself is not bad, but do these drug dealers stop and think about the destruction they cause?

Gang wars, violence, murder, declining moral values?

Now, Nighthawk and Konquerez will come back on me saying that I am not also considering the "more pronounced" effects of alcohol and tobacco.

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs as well. Now we need an industry standard definition.

"Drugs are chemical substances which cause the user to be addicted to which has adverse effects on the user".

Now I personally am interested in the debate of medicinial marijuana. I mean, does it really cure anything? No.

Personally, I believe drugs will stop if you take these steps.

1.) Create a special drug task force with the mandates of:

> TOPIC: Make Drugs Legal?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,