Halloween

Halloween - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Oct, 2004 - 2:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you participate in Halloween?
  Yes       76.47%
  No       14.71%
  Sometimes       5.88%
  When I was a child       2.94%
Total Votes: 34
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Trick or Treat, Give Me Something Nice to Eat! This is about the celebration itself. Around the Community you will find various aspects of Halloween discussed. Do a Search or look at the recommended links within this Thread.
Halloween Related Information to Halloween
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2004 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

Halloween

What are your thoughts on the following:

ANN CANNON: HALLOWEEN IS DISAPPEARING FROM AMERICA

Well, the stores already have their Christmas decorations out, which means any day now we'll be having that yearly conversation about what the true meaning of Christmas is and how we've all forgotten it.
Source 4

Do you participate in Halloween?

Sponsored Links:
11th Oct, 2004 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

I participate in Halloween for my kids, not for myself. It's the time of year where the leaves are changing, the weather is getting colder, and the kids get to decorate the windows with Halloween lights and carve pumpkins, and dress up in costumes for trick or treating. I too have realized that less and less kids are making it out to the streets year after year and I dont know if it has to do with the security issues in our country or whether Halloween is losing its appeal.

11th Oct, 2004 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I really dislike Halloween. However, we do participate because of the children. We didn't let them participate at all for about 10 years, but finally started letting them do the trick or treat thing.

This year, since Halloween is on Sunday, they won't be going around the neighborhood. Our church is having an informal party at a member's home, where we will do "trunk or treat" visits. That is, a lot of people decorate the trunks of their cars, then the children visit each car and get some treats.

While I dislike Halloween, I love Halloween movies. We all love to sit down and watch Hocus Pocus and other movies like that.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2004 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween

My family and I refrain from involvement in the Halloween mess. I've researched the origons of Halloween and what I found discouraged me from having any involvement with it.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween

SCARE TACTICS

It's time for another edition of our Halloween roundup, which this year includes tips from a father, who with his kids goes the extra mile to carve a better pumpkin. What will you learn from him? You can do it, too.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...98634%2C00.html

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2004 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween

I've participated in Halloween activities in one form or another since I was a child. I really look forward to all the children coming to the door dressed up so cute. I can't say that I care for the older children going. Our daughter is 10 and this will likely be her last year going out, I can't remember how old I was when I stopped going trick or treating for myself and started taking friends children around.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Oct, 2004 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

As a young boy I loved this activity mostly for the goodies. I would not participate in it now of course save for my son, but yet I would be picky in which houses he visited. As far as the history... This site claims the celebration originated out of the Catholic Church:

international QUOTE
The word itself, "Halloween," actually has its origins in the Catholic Church. It comes from a contracted corruption of All Hallows Eve. November 1, "All Hollows Day" (or "All Saints Day"), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saints. But, in the 5th century BC, in Celtic Ireland, summer officially ended on October 31. The holiday was called Samhain (sow-en), the Celtic New year.
Ref. Source 8

The History Channel:
international QUOTE
Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death.
Ref. https://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/hal...y_origins1.html

BBC:
international QUOTE
Halloween, Samhain, El Día de Los Muertos, All Saints' Eve. Call it what you like, it's still the last day of October and always a good excuse for a party - but why?

Samhain (pronounced 'sow-in') was the end of the Celtic year, and like all good new-years-eves a good excuse for a party and get-together. However this was more than just a good time together. It was of major importance to the Celts.

Samhain marked the end of summer and the start of the cold, dark winter and was a day when the druidic priests of the Celts belived that the dead could come back to the earth and cause trouble for the living.
Ref. https://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/features/hall...n/history.shtml

Halloween
Halloween (Hover)

27th Oct, 2004 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I love Halloween! It is my favorite holiday. Up until a couple years ago I would dress up and go to a Halloween dance, but the place I live now doesn't have one. sad.gif If it did I would certainly go. As for Halloween being on Sunday this year, there has been talk that kids will go out trick or treating on Saturday instead. Unfortunately the apartment I live in is difficult for kids to find so I don't even get to give out candy anymore.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Halloween

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,