Halloween - Page 3 of 9

SCARING UP SALES: HALLOWEEN SPENDING EXPECTED - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you participate in Halloween?
  Yes       76.47%
  No       14.71%
  Sometimes       5.88%
  When I was a child       2.94%
Total Votes: 34
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Trick or Treat, Give Me Something Nice to Eat! This is about the celebration itself. Around the Community you will find various aspects of Halloween discussed. Do a Search or look at the recommended links within this Thread.
Halloween Related Information to Halloween
2nd Oct, 2006 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Halloween - Page 3

I love Halloween because I love to watch all the kids and their enjoyment of it. It's a great favorite of children, as a previously stated running a close second to Christmas. I love the costumes and the goodies and the spooky feel of it. I know that it can be much more dangerous than in the old days but it's a fun tradition that doesn't have to represent the dark or evil elements. I believe that's an individual choice, in how we celebrate the holiday. This year I plan on an elaborate costume to wear on Halloween and at work which always sponsors a contest, and at a lip sync competition which we are having at church in November. I'll kill two birds with one stone that way. My song at the lip sync is "These Boots are Made for Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra. Can you guess what my costume will be?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween

My kids are all ramped up and ready for halloween this year. We will make final costume decisions next week and go buy them. Since my kids are younger, I can get home at a decent hour to hand out candy to all the kids coming by. I just hope it starts warming up a bit, its rather cool around the midwest lately, brrr!

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Being pagan, I love all things Halloween. The festivities, the rituals, the horror films, it's my favorite holiday by far. It gets a bad rep though, in this world of "witches=bad" idealogy.

16th Oct, 2006 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Halloween

QUOTE (Shagge)
...world of "witches=bad" idealogy

There is more Discussion on this in the Studies of Mystics Board, but I will say that it is celebrations like Halloween that seem to actually give witches a positive light. In fact, more countries are starting to adopt Halloween because witches=money.

16th Oct, 2006 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

I love Halloween, it is one of the holidays I miss of the USA, I think is a lot of fun...I miss it specially for my oldest son who just love to dress up in costumes and things like that. Oh well....sad.gif

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2006 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween

There is more Discussion on this in the Studies of Mystics Board, but I will say that it is celebrations like Halloween that seem to actually give witches a positive light. In fact, more countries are starting to adopt Halloween because witches=money.

laugh.gif, I never thought of it in that light. On a somewhat unrelated-yet-still-relevant note, it does support a pet theory of mine, that most people will abandon their self proclaimed morals in the name of the Almighty Dollar.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Oct, 2007 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Halloween - Page 3

Every time I hear the word "Halloween," I always smile and shake my head in dismay. Most parents are anxious to raise their children to believe in God and to follow the teachings of the Bible. Emphasis is usually placed on the importance of loving one another, showing respect for your elders, strangers, those you love and don't love. So why may I ask, do parents encourage their children to participate in Halloween, a festival that embraces evil? I fail to understand why it is considered acceptable for a parent, to encourage a child, to go around his neighbourhood, begging for food (okay, treats and candy). And what happens if someone does not give out candy? In some countries, children may stone a person's home with rotten eggs, tomatoes or anything else they could find. This is only done when a person refuses to participate in this pagan festival. So we teach our children about the importance of respecting our elders or strangers and under the same breath, we encourage them to condemn others for being different and not satisfying their needs. I fail to see how anyone's child will benefit from a festival such as Halloween. Maybe I am just old fashioned!

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

SCARING UP SALES: HALLOWEEN SPENDING EXPECTED TO REACH $5 BILLION, LOTS OF IT ON COSTUMES

Olivia Christensen celebrated her first Halloween as a dragon, a costume nearly half a million American children will don this year for their trick or treating adventures.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...19311,00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Halloween

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,