Halloween & Religion

Halloween Religion - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 29th Nov, 2004 - 3:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Halloween From a religious perspective
Halloween & Religion Related Information to Halloween & Religion
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2004 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween & Religion

Does your religious beliefs allow you to participate in Halloween? Why or why not?

HALLOWEEN ON SUNDAY TROUBLES SOME SOUTHERNERS

Across the Bible Belt this Halloween, some little ghosts and goblins might get shooed away by the neighbors -- and some youngsters will not be allowed to go trick-or-treating at all -- because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year. Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/15/halloween… h.ap/index.html

Halloween & Religion
Halloween & Religion (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2004 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Religion and Halloween

I have heard many concerns about this from coworkers and friends, who are torn about whether they should let their children participate on Halloween this year. I know that when I was a kid, my family were Seventh Day Adventists, and if anything fell on a Saturday (which is their traditional day of rest) even if it was Christmas, they would not celebrate it. Personally I dont have a problem with my kids going out to trick or treat on Sunday, but I can definitely see how some folks would feel about it.

16th Oct, 2004 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Well, I don't know that my Church would actually come out and say "Don't go trick or treating on Sunday." However, I am sure there are many who believe they shouldn't because it falls on the sabbath. For me, I would definately allow my son to go if he were still young. Halloween comes once a year. I am not going to tell him he can't celebrate it this year because it is Sunday. I think we sometimes get a bit legalistic in our worship habits and I don't believe the Savior would be in favor of such attitudes and behaviors. I will also be giving out candy to those who come to my door.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 16th Oct, 2004 - 2:53pm

16th Oct, 2004 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Religion and Halloween

We have chosen not to allow the children to go out on Halloween. However, there is a church activity on the Friday night, where there will be "trunk or treating". The children dress up, and various adults will "dress up" the trunks of their cars for Halloween, and will distribute the candy.

We continually attempt to teach our children that it is not appropriate to go to parties, to work, or to go play with friends on Sunday. Every time we have relented, for whatever reason, it has come back to bite us, as they then ask why they can't go to the concert, or the pool, or to work on Sunday, when we let them go to that one particular time.

It is much easier to just make a solid rule, and stick by it.

17th Oct, 2004 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Religion and Halloween

Halloween seem like a innocent holiday but after finding out what is really about, I'm not quiet sure if I want my son involved on it, I'm glad I live in a country where we do not celebrate Halloween.
I agree with Nighthawk. If I was in the US I would not allow Felipe to trick or treat on the Sabbath. We as parents spend a lot of time teaching our children right from wrong, I will not risk that for anything...not even for Halloween!. Principles are applied in all ocassions and circumnstances not only when is useful or convenient for us. If not, we are teaching double standards.

23rd Oct, 2004 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion

My daughter will not go trick-or-treating on the Sabbath, but we will go to the church "trunk-or-treat" event on Saturday evening. There will be a dinner and games, too.

The schools are moving away from the "real" Hallowe'en observance and they are sponsoring a "Story Book Parade" where the kids can dress up as story book characters. No blood, guts, demons, or scary monsters allowed! That's a step in the right direction. They are also having an "alternate activity" for those kids whose parents don't want them to participate.

I'm still struggling with the whole concept of church-sponsored Hallowe'en activities. I don't agree with it. I'm really torn between what seems innocent enough dressing up and making the rounds for candy, and the evil that lurks beneath it all.

My mother says I need to lighten up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2004 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion

The schools are moving away from the "real" Hallowe'en observance and they are sponsoring a "Story Book Parade" where the kids can dress up as story book characters. No blood, guts, demons, or scary monsters allowed! That's a step in the right direction

That sounds like a good idea!. I think it is nice that the children can have an opportunity to dress up and all that stuff that they love to do, but why demons, witches and stuff? undecided.gif there are so many cute customes avalaible!. If Felipe was in the US, he would definetly will want a Spider-Man custome biggrin.gif

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2004 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Halloween & Religion Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

I personally think that even if *All Hallows Eve* or Halloween falls on a sunday that no matter how old you are should enjoy it especially if you are little.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Halloween & Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,