Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 3 of 11

Unferth said: QUOTE The difference between - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 6:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
I see dead people...
Small Children See Ghosts? Related Information to Small Children See Ghosts?
22nd Jan, 2007 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 3

I would agree children are more open to sensing things we adults miss. Who or what I would not even try to guess. As I child I had a Lady who watched over me. I can recall one time being very ill and had to get up in the night to get to the bathroom. A light was in the doorway like an aura in the shape of a lady in an old night gown. The light turned on prior me getting from under the sheet.

I had forgotten all about it till I got married. In the same room I used as I child my new bride and I had slept for the first time in my parents house (ie in same bed). My wife startled awake to see the same thing I had seen as a child. My wife claimed a strong feeling came on her that something had just more or less approved of her being there. I did not wake until my wife woke me. She was not scared at all but just was startled at what had occurred. She has never seen it again.

My wife says as a child she had often seen things in the places she lived. More felt is how she puts it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2007 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts?
A Friend

Ghosts Children Small

The fact is that no matter what you believe, there are things that are outside of our normal understanding of existence. I have seen orbs of light, as did others that lived with me in the home. I have seen those things we know as ghosts. I saw my first one in my twenties and didn't see a full body until I was in my thirtys. I have been physically moved by inanimate objects that should not have been able to push me.
I know this for a fact, the man was not just writing a great story when he stated that "there are more things on heaven and earth then are dreamt of in all your philosophies".

Keep an open mind.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2007 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Small Children See Ghosts? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I have been seeing things supernatural since I was a child. Hearing voices and seeing apparitions were the "norm" for me. I don't believe that all children have this ability, nor do I believe that all adults are exempt.

Keep an open mind, the best advice I've seen today.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2007 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Ghosts Children Small

Name: Lady

Comments: My daughter is 2 and a half. I definitely believe that children see spirits. There numerous occasions that my kid has said things in regards to seeing people (that aren't visible to me)....that scare me to believe, but I do believe. One day, she was running up and down the hall laughing and giggling like crazy. All of a sudden she runs into the bathroom, and says to me "Where she go mommy". I said "who?" and she replied "LILY". I responded that I didn't know and she turns to the hall closet and opens it. She jumped back about two feet, as if this person where right there, and screams " I found you!" chills ran up my spine. For three months she demanded to sleep on the floor at night. When LILY stopped playing, my daughter went back to her bed. I asked her not to long ago where LILY went and my daughter said "to be her mommy and daddy". So I asked where is her mommy and daddy...she pointed up!

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2008 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

Name: Sarah

Comments: Ok, my sister died Oct. 23, 2007
My 2 year old girl can talk well, She tells me my sister comes to her at night floats over her door and sings to her with candles and butterflies. The odd thing is that my sister was a wonderful singer and my daughter never heard or heard of her being able to sing. My daughter will sing in her room at night in bed and then call to me to come in. When I do she tells me she had another "dream" of Aunt Lisa. My son and I were playing flashlight wars on the ceiling in my room and my baby came in and pointed to the light. She said, "look mom like Aunt Lisa" how would she know about orbs?

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2008 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Name: Wendy

Comments: I have a 2 1/2 year son. He woke up at 2:30 am the other night screaming. He told me a man was in his room and wanted to take him. We searched the house for the man, but couldn't find evidence of the intruder. The next morning, I questioned my son w/ open ended questions so as not to feed him info. He told me that the man sat on his bed, touched his cheek and put his finger in my sons mouth. My son then told me the man planned to take him. Later that day, my son was looking out the window and pointed outside and said " There's the man". I, of course, could not see anything. I said "Where?" and he said "Over by the fence". I still did not see anything. I'm not sure what to make of all this, but I found the story very disturbing. He seems to me to be too young to make up such a story, and I would be surprised that he would be able to verbalize a dream as clearly as he did. Any responses to this would be appreciated.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts - Page 3

Wendy that is just scary! If it were me I would be praying over your son for protection against the spirits. I am unsure I would be asking any more about it from him but just take notes and I would talk to my minister and see what he thinks. I am sure it was not a physical person but a spirit or demon that is following him. I am not an expert in this by any means but your story is unnerving. I hope other may be able to give you better advice then I and more insight.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 6:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Small Children Ghosts Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

Unferth said:

The difference between a child's brain and a grown up's brain is that the grown up's brain is better developed than the child's. I personally do not believe that children can see what grown ups can't. (notice here that I do not say that I don't believe in ghosts) What I do believe is that children have great imaginations and this coupled with a less developed brain can cause a child to be more likely to believe they saw something or even felt something.

Actually Unferth, the situation is that children do not have as many "hard wired" synaptic pathways as adults. Their minds are more plastic than an acculturated adult. As far as physical "development" unless there is something organically wrong, a full term baby has exactly the same "development" of brain tissue as an adult. Fewer brain cells, to be sure, as the brain does grow with maturation, but all the parts are there just as with an adult brain. It is the synaptic pathways that are fewer, more elastic, and unset by experience.

Tastanagee said:
I think that all children are born with the ability to access more of their brain then we can now. But there is no way to train children to use those parts of their brain.

That is not true Tastanagee. Adults tend to train their children to NOT develop these areas of synaptic response. How often have you heard someone say to their small child "Now cut that out, you don't have invisible friends, just straighten up." Or some other dampening statement? This is TRAINING a child to stop seeing, hearing or in other ways noticing the nonmaterial world. As I spend a good portion of my time helping people to re-open these synapses I am forever grateful to a mother and grandmothers who did NOT tell me what I said I saw was only my imagination. There is little chemical difference between "imagination" and paranormal ability. The ability to visualize is imperative in paranormal training.

Wendy said:
I have a 2 1/2 year son. He woke up at 2:30 am the other night screaming. He told me a man was in his room and wanted to take him. We searched the house for the man, but couldn't find evidence of the intruder. The next morning, I questioned my son w/ open ended questions so as not to feed him info. He told me that the man sat on his bed, touched his cheek and put his finger in my son's mouth. My son then told me the man planned to take him. Later that day, my son was looking out the window and pointed outside and said " There's the man". I, of course, could not see anything. I said "Where?" and he said "Over by the fence". I still did not see anything. I'm not sure what to make of all this, but I found the story very disturbing. He seems to me to be too young to make up such a story, and I would be surprised that he would be able to verbalize a dream as clearly as he did. Any responses to this would be appreciated.

Wendy, I"d take my son's comments seriously. If you believe it will help, have the house blessed. Any apparition that threatens to 'take" a child is not to be welcomed. The next time you put him to bed, before you leave the room, invoke whatever god you have faith in to keep him safe from harm. Verbally dis-invite this entity. Not all "apparitions" are benign and not all the unseen world is "harmless". Not by a long shot.

Children do have more ability to see or sense what adults do not. Not, necessarily because certain psychic abilities dim with age but, as I mentioned before, because they are not trained NOT to have these experiences.

It is common knowledge among the metaphysical community that cats and some other animals are also capable of interacting with the nonmaterial world. My cats are often chasing around the house after things no one else can see, but, of course, in my house we sense the unseen world quite well and it's usually fairies or kitsu that are playing with my cats.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Small Children See Ghosts?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,