Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 7 of 11

Name: Aspiralgoddess Comments: I have a now - Page 7 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 4th May, 2010 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
I see dead people...
Small Children See Ghosts? Related Information to Small Children See Ghosts?
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 7

Name: Alex

Comments: When I was 10 or so I can recall a few chilling experiences that happened to me in my house. Although our house was not previously owned and was built by my parents on uninhabited land I truly believe that my house is visited by spirits. My sister used to have vivid dreams and visions that my parents believed were night terrors yet she would always say that she saw people in her room. Additionally I also saw dark shadows that resembled people or in some cases animals moving in my room. Furthermore, I believe that I have some sort of psychic abilities. In high school when I was playing football I had a very bizarre dream that I was convinced was a premonition. In the dream I was participating in the Oklahoma drill versus a teammate of mine. In the dream I sustained a serious career ending knee injury when the running back tripped and his helmet slammed into the front of my knee. The next day in practice this event happened to me exactly had it happened the night before in my dream. The same person that I was going up against in my dream I went up against in real life and the same running back that tripped fell into my knee. It was an unnerving experience to say the least. A few years later I had another bizarre experience. I was woken up by the sound of someone banging on my front door at 3am. My father and I went to investigate and there was no one at the door the banging stopped when we opened the door. A few months following that experience I had another scary dream. In my dream a dark figure proceeded to move from room to room killing my family one person at a time. By the time the creature reached my bedroom and turned on my light I awoke from the dream terrified. To my horror my door was wide open and my light was on. I have never been able to sleep unless my room is pitch black with curtains drawn and door shut so I knew I had not left the light on. I went to check on the rest of my family and they were all sleeping peacefully I was the only one who witnessed any strange occurrence that night.Thankfully my family was OK but the experience still haunts me to this day.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2009 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

Name: Autumn

Comments: Starting around age one, my daughter was always a little mesmerized by one area in my living room. She would laugh and point to the area above the windows. At first I thought she just liked my curtains, maybe the color(merlot reddish). Well she is two now and last week she started doing it again...every night around the same time. Now that she is older she can talk so instead of just laughing she says things that freak me out a little. I think it was the third night that really freaked me out when she told me "I see him, I see the guy up there". Then as she points across the room she says "there he goes momma". This continues on a nightly basis with different comments from my daughter. Others being: shouting "stay back" or asking me if I see "the guy up there". Also telling me "here he comes". She never acts scared and is usually laughing during all this so it doesn't really worry me. It has made me curious on this topic 4 sure at the very least. Also makes me think back to a few times when I would go into her room to check on her in the middle of the night and she would be awake, sitting in the corner of her crib with such a puzzled stare on her face. I would say "honey, what are you doin up?" and she'd snap out of it. I think if it is possible for some children to see spirits than I'm almost positive that my daughter is one of them.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2009 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Name: IshmahlMuhammad

Comments: Wow! Love the topic! Children are so innocent and so pure! In this world today we have been taught not to believe or have been programmed how they want us to be! When I was young I use to see and feel alot of weird things (ghost, spirits, death,trouble, diaster,ect..)! My mom and other people use to tell me I was just bad and imaging stuff! When I would awake at nite from nightmares(the devil riding my back) I would always be told that!Now that I am 29 and know more and learned more, I wasnt imaging stuff and the devil wasnt riding my back! When I turned 15 all the stuff still continued! So I was like, this is no coincidence , this is my life and part of me! So I started to play with it, doing things to see if it was real! Holding on as much as possible with screaming and running out of the room and house! Now I can still feel spirits, good or bad! And I can distinguish between them! I can feel death when it is near! Trouble if it is around the corner! I can feel if someone is working magik, good or bad! So it all exist! We as adults have been programmed to think that its not there! Out of sight out of mind! We live in a society that have been trying to get away from the natural!

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2010 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Ghosts Children Small

Name: Rachy

Comments: My daughter and I have just been to a friend's house which I believe is a detached, very old coaching inn. My daughter who is 22 months old, just said "Ghost walking outside". I asked her to tell me again what she said and she repeated it three or four times and looked slightly alarmed. I feel I have some 'awareness' of these experiences at times and she and I have both felt a presence on the stairs at home. I feel it is a child aged about 8 - 10 years. She talks about there being a dog on the stairs sometimes. I have never heard of any other children I know saying such things, especially at such a young age. I can only put it down to some type of psychic, spiritual ability.

9th Feb, 2010 - 6:47am / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

I'd like to preface this by saying I'm not ridiculing anyone or trying to deny or disprove anyone's own claims, only give my own personal opinion of this subject, which I do not believe most people do intentionally, but is more an unconscious tendency that manifests subtly, creating the environment for this to take place.

I think the idea that children are sensitive or can see ghosts and such is imagination or misidentification and confusion on the part of the child (or adult), as well as the adults wanting to ascribe specialness to their child, and to also use their child as a conduit, to allow them to also believe in "magic" again, the paranormal.

They project this perception onto their child, until the child hears this enough and believes it or even starts to behave appropriately in a manner to be rewarded by the parent, by positive reinforcement and nurturing these "abilities", possibly even developing in the child a lifelong "gift" or idea that they can see and feel things, but which are actually not there at all, but is instead the wind, a draft, etc.

At the same time, regardless of their previous beliefs (though most were already inclined toward the mystical), the parents suddenly "rediscover" and "remember" old abilities they themselves "had", and could see and hear and feel spirits, and now can still do it "sometimes". Since the parent's genetics or psychic aura or something is allegedly transferred to offspring, that means not only is the child obviously a very special being, but that means the parent must be too!

In an example above, the 22 month old said there was a ghost. We are not born knowing what ghosts are, or what significance they have or that they're unusual or break natural laws and established theories, or are a philosophical and religious hot button, so it is rather unlikely a child (especially ones so young) would "recognize" or understand a ghost if they saw one.

They most definitely couldn't know or use the correct traditional word, unless they have been raised, surrounded and influenced in an environment in which such things are talked about as factual or at least regularly, much the same way more religious Christian children might report "seeing angels", or earlier rural Europeans reported seeing fairies - it is part of the inherent condition and legend of the ambient culture, so it is incorporated into their belief system, expectations and personal symbolism.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2010 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts?

Name: Ivona

Comments: My niece saw two years ago when she was 3 a man on a horse in the kitchen for a few times. After that she was ok but this year she saw old lady and she didn't want to go to kitchen for a few days.I don't know if its real or her imagination but under our house is old Turkish cemetery.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Feb, 2010 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts - Page 7

This is something that continues to legitimately puzzle me. There are an AWFUL lot of houses built on either "[native people] burial ground" or cemeteries or something. Was this THAT big a fad, building houses on top of graveyards? That seems unlikely to me but I guess it could happen. Also, if there is no such things as spirits, but people are still seeing stuff (not sure about kids, I still think it's likely imagination), I wonder what people are seeing.

Post Date: 4th May, 2010 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 7

Name: Aspiralgoddess

Comments: I have a now 7 year old daughter who has been seeing things since she was about 3 or 4. It started out with little green things that were everywhere in her room and trying to get her. (she called them boogers) She would be perched on her pillow with a terrified look on her face when I would come to her room after she called me in the night. The green things evolved into brown things which are somehow scarier but they don't come as often. She has seen ghosts in her room, figures most often, but sometimes just whisps of white. I have had a few nonvisual visitations myself. Last night though was the worst (other than the green things). I am trying to get her to sleep by herself so I will lay down with her and then leave later after she is asleep. Last night I did the same but about 5 minuets after I left her room she started screaming hysterically that a ghost was in her room. It totally freaked me out and every hair on my body stood up. I ran to her room to find her sobbing. I asked her where it was and she said "right behind you". Once I got her calmed down I asked her if the ghost was still there and she said yes. I asked her to describe it. At first she was too scared but eventually she told me that it was a man and he was running in place in her closet. She kept peeking out of her blankets to look at him. After a while she said that there was a little person, perhaps a child, with him and that they were now walking. I told her to ask him what he wanted but she didn't't get any answer. She said that maybe he couldn't talk because he was a ghost. I just hugged her close and told her to go to sleep. She kept looking and then she sat up and said "you can come back tomorrow but don't just appear so fast because you startled me". She went back to sleep eventually but I had to stay with her the whole night. Any thoughts?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Small Children See Ghosts?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,