Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 8 of 11

Sounds like he was suffering from the effects - Page 8 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2010 - 8:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
I see dead people...
Small Children See Ghosts? Related Information to Small Children See Ghosts?
4th May, 2010 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 8

I find it interesting that all thew history in almost every culture you have the presence of spirits. Whether they are physical being or more of a state of mind. I do think children are more susceptible to imagine things. I would have to agree with JPatt mostly on his stance, though a large part of me wants to believe.

I do think though that spirits serve a purpose in humanity. Whether they are tangible or not they serve a valuable function in society. Being at one with that spirit or being sensitive to ghosts could very well be a natural or learned ability. People are born of all different kinds, some have better hearing, some better at math, ect . . .

I believe there are other abilities that people are able to develope beyond the normal. How did we develope eyes to see, ears to hear, along these lines it could be possible there is another sense that is developing within us as a species that hasn't fully developed yet. An anomaly within the species that shows itself every so often in a limited pool of people.

My stance would be this sort of thing is not likely, yet I am far from ruling it out.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2010 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

Name: Isawdem

Comments: ALL,
I found this blog because I was actually one of the children that you describe. I know all of you think that you're children are seeing things, but I can assure you that if they experienced what my brother and I experienced as children then they definitely are not. Please let me share:
At around age or 4 my brother and I lived in an apartment building in Brooklyn, NY. The apartment was on 5th floor which was very high. Our windows were sealed with bars to prevent anyone from falling. From our window my brother and I could see the rooftop from the adjacent building which was a little lower than our window. One day we looked out that window and saw a person standing there as if he were waiting. He had a dark colored hood and he always held something that looked like a gardening tool. Every time we went to that window he would just stand there with his back facing us, day in and day out. One day we went to the window and he wasn't there and the man appeared out of nowhere before our eyes, right where he normally stands. Except this time he turned around. We say his face... But this wasn't a man. His faced looked more like a skeleton. And at that moment a voice told us both to get away from the window, only we could hear it. It was almost as if it came through the walls.
We were scared and of course told our mom, who walked over to the window and stared at the same rooftop we were looking at. The man stood there and we pointed, "there he is!". My mom didn't see a thing, nor did any other adult.
After that day, anytime we would go by that window he would tell us to get away from it or he'd come. And we decided to be bold and test him. We stayed by the window and he walked off. Almost immediately as he disappeared from site there was a knock at our door. We begged our mom not to answer, but she did... And no one was there..
I don't think the being met us any harm, he just didn't want us by the window... I'm not sure why.

Whether anyone here in this forum care to believe me or not this is a true story. We don't know why he was there or how we could even hear him, but we always wondered til this day if it was real or not. But my brother and I are almost in our 30's and we still remember it like it was yesterday.
Neither of us are crazy or possess some weird psychic ability, at least to our knowledge... But I'm proof positive that this occurance is very possible.

29th Jun, 2010 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Thanks for sharing that isawdem, that was really interesting!

It has for obvious reasons stayed with you and your brother the memory of what happened.
I think you both must have been very brave...I know I'd have been scared out of my wits!

I think many times children have the ability to see things that adults cannot, and there doesn't seem to be any explanation for this other than children seem to have an insight into beings or spirits.This is probably why you saw this when you were little, and not seen anything else as an adult.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2010 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Ghosts Children Small

Name: Laura

Comments: My son is a year and a half old and yesterday we went out to eat. I told my husband to take a picture of my son and I. My son has brown eyes but in the picture that came out all of the white of his eye was blue and he had a dark cat eye pupil in the middle. I thought nothing of it and presumed it must have been the light from the window or something. That night I was laying with him in my bed (the room was dark) and he sat up and pointed to the corner...he wouldnt stop laughing. I asked him who was there but he didn't say anything, his verbal skills are not very good right now as he is so young. Any suggestions of what all of this means?

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

Name: Spence

Comments: Last night my 7 year old son woke up and came into our room at 4:30 am and asked, "Who are all those people?" when we asked where he said "There talking!" and was pointing at the corner of the room. he wasn't scared and today still maintains he saw "Ghost people" as he called them and even said one of them turned into a fly! This has freaked us out a little bit and I'm normally fairly pessimistic about anything like this, anyone heard of anything like this before? He occasionally has night terrors but this is the first time he's said anything like this .

29th Oct, 2010 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts?

I wonder if they're seeing actual ghosts or jut images in their mind projected into their concious vision if that makes any sense.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Nov, 2010 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts - Page 8

Ok interesting, I'm not sure as I don't know enough about this happening. All I can say is that maybe it was a semi sleep walking thing where he did think he saw people.

On the plus side at least it was your room and not his...

22nd Nov, 2010 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 8

Sounds like he was suffering from the effects of hypnopompic hallucination, as Hayden suggests, which can still affect someone up to 15 minutes after getting up out of bed, even while walking around, and is the cause of so many stores that begin "So I was just lying in bed/so I had just closed my eyes for a minute"...

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 22nd Nov, 2010 - 8:15pm

+  « First of 11 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Small Children See Ghosts?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,