Real Druids - Page 11 of 13

I believe the druids of that period did some - Page 11 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 18th Nov, 2009 - 2:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Info About Druids
Order of the Druids / Druid / Druidism
Real Druids Related Information to Real Druids

The REAL Druids

I am the wind on the sea
I am the wave of the sea
I am the bull of seven battles
I am the eagle on the rock
I am a flash from the sun
I am the most beautiful of plants
I am a strong wild boar
I am a salmon in the water
I am a lake in the plain I am the word of knowledge
I am the head of the spear in battle
I am the God that puts fire in the head
Who spreads light in the gathering on the hills?
Who can tell the ages of the moon?
Who can tell the place where the sun rests?
-- Druid Amergin

You May Also Be Interested In:

• Man on the Moon
  • Aliens From Outter Space
  • Prophet Yahweh
  • Quantum Mechanics
  • Mind Control
  • Dark Matter
  • Mind Control & Mk-ultra
  • Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014?
  • Near Death Experiences
  • Time Travel
  • 26th Nov, 2008 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Real Druids - Page 11

Sorry I've been on sabbathical. One thing I do not understand about your beliefs Tully is why do you fear sharing it in person. If I met you I would hope you will be willing to talk about it.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 26th Nov, 2008 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Druids Real

Welcome back from your sabbatical.

I believe you misunderstand where I'm coming from. It's not that I won't speak of what I believe and practice, it's merely that I don't (and won't really) start the conversations of such. I would certainly be up for a dialog with you, or any truly interested party, if we were to meet in person. I actually have done so many times when it becomes known (through friends or co-workers who may know) that I'm not of a Christian Faith.

More often than not, it results in my trying to explain non-Christian practices to a person who does not believe such practices are right. Mind you, I'm not saying that anyone here is being so judgemental...not in any way, shape, or form. Too many time I've heard "Oh! You'll go to hell for that!" or "Oh, so you worship Satan." and "So, you worship trees." and things go markedly downhill from there. Over the years, I've just stopped trying to initiate the conversations.

And seeing as I've brought up the three most common statements, I'll answer them right away;

1) As to Hell, well, I can't go to a place I do not believe in. (see answer for second statement for clarification)

2) I do not believe in Satan, by that name or any other, so I cannot worship a being that I do not believe in. I believe that evil is not inherent in nature, it is composed of the actions of humans. I've never met an evil tree or picked up an evil rock.

3) No, I do not worship trees. I study them, use them, care for them, and learn from them as I do all aspects of nature and the universe.

Please remember, the views I express here are strictly my own. Others who follow a Druid Path may agree with them or they may not.

8th Dec, 2008 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Real Druids Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

That's my point, how will anyone know if you don't mention it. Its not like you're talking about the snow and then suddenly they ask "You're not a druid by chance?"

Others who follow a Druid Path may agree with them or they may not.

You're the one willing to share so I'm going with that, thank you for sharing.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Page 11 Druids Real

That's my point, how will anyone know if you don't mention it. Its not like you're talking about the snow and then suddenly they ask "You're not a druid by chance?"

Funny you should put it like that, because I have actually had conversations go along those lines! wink.gif I was talking to a gentleman I'd just met recently about lightning and how in certain areas it seemed to follow what some call "ley lines". What you typed was precisely what he asked me about half way into our conversation, and neither of us knew from the start that the other was following a Druid path. Mind you, this was in a rural area where farmers do understand "the old straight track" concept when it comes to lightning.

In regards to your analogy, though, if you were to see a gentleman of average build, completely non-descript in his manner of dress, with no visible religious necklaces or other paraphernalia on him...can you tell if he is Mormon, Buddhist, Catholic, Agnostic, Pagan, or any other spiritual belief? Yet, if you were to see that the gentleman had a small cross on a chain around his neck, it's fairly safe to assume he's some variety of Christian. If it were a pentacle instead of a cross, most likely Pagan, could be Wiccan. If one were to see the triple-spiral pendant that I wear, one would probably presume Pagan unless they knew of the connection of the triple spiral symbol to Newgrange in Ireland and its connection to Druidry.

All in all, it's just as the old phrase goes; "you can't judge a book by the cover", and I'm a book with a very generic dust cover.

You're the one willing to share so I'm going with that, thank you for sharing.

You're certainly welcome.

It just boils down to the fact that I'm just quite quiet when it comes to my spirituality. It's a deeply personal thing to me due to some experiences I've had over the years. I'm more than willing to share my views when the subject comes up. Admittedly, that's probably partly due to the personal gnostic experiences I had after a shooting incident in the late 1980's where I nearly lost my life. What I experienced (and rarely speak of) did heavily impact my spirituality.

9th Dec, 2008 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Druids Real

Tully, not to sidetrack, but you may wish to respond to this Thread if you, as a Druid also celebrate: Source 1

16th Nov, 2009 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Real Druids

I'm watching a National Geographic Documentary about the Druids of England. According to the Documentary Cesar sent back word to the Roman Senate about the Druids and their Human Sacrifices. It seems according to Cesar that the Druids were leaders, advisers and performed human sacrifices of prisoners and criminals to the gods of Druidism. It is said that Druids would stab their victims and then read the future through the twitches of the victim's body as they died. Some archeologists wonder if Cesar tried to exaggerate the Druidic sacrifices to hype his own career as a conqueror of a fearsome people. Now the Romans made many accounts of these sacrifices yet the Celtic Druids did not. Do we believe the Romans? What are your thoughts?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 16th Nov, 2009 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Real Druids - Page 11

Well, I'm not saying that it didn't happen...because we don't really know for sure. Ceasar was extremely good at political propoganda, anything at all to discredit his enemies...perceived or real, and he felt the power that the Druids held was a direct threat to his own.

Of course, that was a different time and place. A lot of the actions and values held on either side (Roman or Celt) are not what we go by in this day and age. Just look at Ceasar's own actions with prisoners and slaves and sending them into the arena.

Pliney and Strabo give a less "political" view of the Druids than Ceasar does in "De Bello Gallico".

Reconcile Edited: Tully on 16th Nov, 2009 - 3:52am

18th Nov, 2009 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Real Druids Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 11

I believe the druids of that period did some human sacrifices and animal sacrifices too. Its a good way to rid the tribe of the unwanted. Celtics weren't very civilized so a lot of what they did were similar to how the people of the Amazon are just that they were in Europe and Britian.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Real Druids

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,