Is Polygamy Organized Crime? - Page 3 of 7

While I hole heartedly agree with the first - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Jun, 2010 - 6:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Being married to more than one woman at the same time - illegal in most parts of the Western World. In the Middle East and South Africa it is legal. (See links to related Threads)
Is Polygamy Organized Crime? Related Information to Is Polygamy Organized Crime?
13th Jun, 2010 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Is Polygamy Organized Crime? - Page 3

It is sad that a group of people such as the Kingston clan and leaders such as Warren Jeffs make the headlines to such an impact as to cast a negative light on the religious practices of a group of people. Growing up I had a polygamous family living down the street from me. Although they kept to themselves they never caused any problems and were all around nice people. Polygamy may be viewed as an illegal practice, but I don't think organized crime is the proper category.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Crime Organized Polygamy Is

Thanks OneBadElf.
Yes, it is unfortunate that the vast majority of us are all seen as child molesters, women brainwashers, power hungry, sex maniacs. And no matter what you say, they just run with the newspaper editorials. I have a hard time with "organized" crime. We just like to live our lives peacefully, not breaking any laws (well, except polygyny) The only organized contacts are our church meetings and that is all religious stuff not unlike any other chistian groups. The only good that comes out of "bad" stuff is that we experience a significant increase of younger woman requesting information or want to find a couple to join. I guess there is always something positive out there. In the end truth will prevail.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2010 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Is Polygamy Organized Crime? History & Civil Business Politics

Name: J.Loafer

Comments: Come on. Not only is this illegal but there is not justifiable reason to have a man cohabit with many women. It is a crime not only to the state but immoral and unconscionable to put children through that. Of course polygamy is organized crime. Its something entered into and most times kept secret like the mafia. A lot of the women in these relationships go on state welfare because they are not married and have children and our taxes end up paying for their care when it should be the father doing that.

15th Jun, 2010 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Crime Organized Polygamy Is

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 15-Jun 10, 3:23 AM)
Name: J.Loafer

A lot of the women in these relationships go on state welfare

I would assume that this is just your opinion, unless of course you have documented proof as to the number of polygamous family on welfare. And in my opinion it is kept secret for fear of harassment and outside abuse. Would I practice polygamy? No I would not. But that doesn't mean I will not practice tolerance for others religious views. And I really don't think you can compare the practice of polygamy to an organization such as the mafia. But then again, that is your opinion.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2010 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Crime Organized Polygamy Is

Name: Opinionated

Comments: You state that because these women are not married and having children they are on welfare? Really? OK Let's run with that logic. I do not know how many tens of millions of single mothers are out there but they sure are bleeding this country to death. Meaning us tax payers. (laugh). I bet these single mothers are in bed with organized crime like the mafia. Got to be. And let's not forget all of these common law relationships (it's kind of like that of a second wife) these women are not married either and when they have kids, well of course they are going on welfare too. I would suggest you do your research, contact the government and get some stats. It might just surprise you. No reasons to live polygamy? I guess you have not read the posts. Just barging in with unfounded opinions. I would suggest you go back and read them. I am not saying I like that lifestyle, but then a lot of people don't like monogamy either. Lastly, if you can go to jail for 5 years because of your lifestyle, do you think it would be reasonably expected that these people go "underground"? Would you yell it from the rooftops? No. Would you tell your employer, with the risk of losing your job? So who is to blame for them being underground? Kind of like prohibition. Worked fine then too.

15th Jun, 2010 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Is Polygamy Organized Crime?

Rather off topic, but...
Opinionated you sound a lot like Robert9876, the way you write and everything. Do you two know each other by chance?

Again I don't think I would put polygamy in the same category as other crimes. The ones that are doing it respectively are getting a pretty bad rap. The ones that are abusing it are nothing short of organized criminals, in my opinion.

international QUOTE
No reasons to live polygamy? I guess you have not read the posts. Just barging in with unfounded opinions. I would suggest you go back and read them.

I don't think his opinions are unfounded as they have been stated by others as well. Also how do you know if he read the back posts, he very well could have. I think he is entitled to his opinion and it seems he is being strong armed out of the thread.

I realize you should be able to counter argue what was stated, but the way you are doing it seems a little harsh and unfair.

OK, beyond all that I do think that many single women are on welfare and food stamps as well. So saying that polygamy is an organized crime in that way is like saying the entire woman population is in on it.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Is Polygamy Organized Crime - Page 3

Name: Opinionated

Comments: Yes, I guess, I as a little harsh. My apology. But when you see people making people serious accusations that I do not believe are founded in fact then that is upsetting. I have two male friends that live together as a couple for many many years. Law abiding, tax paying and both at the master degree level education. It was not that long ago that they received similar treatment. Luckily, we as a society have become a little more tolerant. I see this polygamy issue not unlike same gender issues. Yes, not my choice of life but as long as they are not robbing banks, just let them. If there is any under marriage issues, abuse in any shape, tax or welfare rip offs etc, then deal with it and throw them in jail. But treat them the same as the rest of society where others also rip off workers comp, tax fraud, child molesting, etc. If the police thinks there is organized crime then go after it but let's not get into a McArthy? mentality again. In conclusion, only make a statement such as organized crime if you have solid facts. As you can do a lot of damage by throwing statements around like that.

16th Jun, 2010 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Is Polygamy Organized Crime Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

While I hole heartedly agree with the first portion of your statement. However, I still think there are many cases were polygamy operates under the guise of religious freedom. There have been several documented cases of this. The most popular of late being that of the Kingston clan and the Warren Jeff case. These I think are just the ones who have been brought to light. I have read and understand that there are many more organizations like this at the current moment.

So to say that all polygamy is ok and moral is to me a great oversight. I think there are a lot of places were it is used as part of a mechanism to abuse younger women to the gain of older men. It is just called something else because if they called it what it was, it would obviously be a crime.

I guess I understand what you are saying, polygamy is not organized crime. I agree with that, however I still strongly feel that it is often associated with organized crime rings (such as previously stated) for good reason. As long as these men are allowed to hide behind the guise of religious freedom and such, this sort of abuse will continue.

To say it doesn't occur or pretend it doesn't is scarry to me, and makes me think of the catholic church and how it tries to cover up when one of their priests are abusing children. I don't know why holy god fearing people would try to cover up obvious abuse. However it does occur and not just in polygamy, it is a natural human response for some reason. Perhaps people do not want to feel guilt by association, I don't know.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 16th Jun, 2010 - 6:39pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Is Polygamy Organized Crime?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,