How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 27 of 35

Tinydance I have a few questions if you don't - Page 27 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th May, 2013 - 2:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 27

I suggested keeping the kids for a year and even living in her house and paying the bills so the kids wouldn't have to move away from school, activities and friends. She didn't accept the offer. I am keeping them for two months at my home then she is taking them to get used to the culture and then to start school.
As for the guy, as far as I know, she could only know him max four weeks. I believe less than that. It is my understanding that he has no children and lives with his mother. He works as well. She is planning to live with her Trinidad friend and one of her sons. Thanks for all the suggestions for relatively safe areas for apartments.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2013 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

international QUOTE
It is my understanding that he has no children and lives with his mother.

No disrespect but a guy living with his mother and has no children ain't ready for the kind of commitment your daughter-in-law is bringing if that's what she is thinking.

There is soccer (we call it football) but to be known for it you have to be in a school that is also known for it. Girl's football isn't that big a deal here.

From what you're saying these children have many things going for them. You have to talk reason to your daughter in law and let her come live here for some time first and then she can bring the kids after if she can afford it.

About the education thing, JB is right you need to contact the Trinidad & Tobago consulate. Only they can tell you the requirements. If their father was a Trinidadian then they would be automatic citizens but since this isn't the case you need to find out if they can attend public school.

26th May, 2013 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Tinydancer:

international QUOTE
Do you know if they have to be there or can this be done beforehand?

I am not sure, you should check their web site. I believe it can be done beforehand.

international QUOTE
The little girl loves to run and wins races and is very accomplished soccer player in the US. Her team is comparable to some of the best soccer teams in the country. What are the opportunities for her to play soccer?

How old is she? If she is around 11-13 she is supposed to be in the first year of high school and if she attends one of the prestigious schools, then they usually have a soccer team. I don't know about the rest of the schools but one thing for sure, even though Trinidadians love soccer, they aren't many opportunities for serious development on this sport here.

international QUOTE
Will she be respected or bullied?

All depends on the school she will be attending. If she goes to one of the most respected/prestigious schools I don't think there will be a problem since those schools are also attended by the local "Whites".

international QUOTE
. Will they be placed appropriately? Are there tests for placement?

I believe every school would decide that, but I am quite sure there will be a test that will take place in order to place them. However, I do not know if they will require proof of a work permit from their mother in order to attend.

international QUOTE
Is the education free for them or tuition?

Public schools are free for citizens (I do not know about foreigners). The so called prestigious schools are government assisted but they have no tuition but what they do have is a security and maintenance fee.

international QUOTE
I looked into private schools but the cost very high. Are there scholarships for kids?

If you tell me the exact ages of your grandchildren, I can provide some names.

Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 27 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Their ages are 10 and 13. Again thanks for the wealth of information.

What source can I go to to learn about health care?

I read that work permits are usually only given to foreigners that are professionals that can contribute to Trinidad. Also group visas are given to large businesses that are located in Trinidad? What source should I investigate these questions?

26th May, 2013 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Have you tried searching this Board? Rather than keep asking within this Thread you will find that there are specific Threads that address your issues at ground level, for instance:

The Nightmares Of Trinidad Public Hospitals
Faith Henry Stung By Scorpion Dies In Trinidad

If you are talking about Government website: The Ministry of Health - Trinidad and Tobago

26th May, 2013 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Yeah that Faith Henry story was bad. Hope your relatives don't end up in the countryside because the further you get away from POS the more rough the medical system is plus you need to start thinking about private medical, public is a waste.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th May, 2013 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 27

international QUOTE
Their ages are 10 and 13.

The girl would be placed in Elementary School and the boy will probably be placed in the first year of high school. Some Elementary schools to consider:

West Trinidad:

1. Dunross Preparatory School (in my view, possibly the best Primary school in the country, and your grandchildren will definetely fit well in both academics and "Looks"). Source 9

North Trinidad:

2. St. Andrews Preparatory Source 1

3. Maria Regina Source 3

4. St. Monica's Preparatory

5. Holy Name Preparatory Source 6

Keep in mind that a lot of these schools are Roman Catholic AND private (but the fees aren't too bad).

Now, for your grandson:

1. St. Mary's College (CIC)

2. St. Anthony's College Source 8

3. Queen Royal College (QRC) Source 3

The word "College" Here refers to high school, not university level.

26th May, 2013 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 27

Tinydance I have a few questions if you don't mind to answer:

* What kind of work the guy does? And what area in POS he lives? I just would like to get a sense of the kind of person he might be.

* Is your daughter and your daughter in law two different people? By reading your posts, I wasn't sure. You mentioned your daughter being a white woman but then you said she's from Central America. Is it that she is a White Central American?

* How she met her female Trinidadian friend?

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,