Time Travel? - Page 5 of 9

QUOTE (Kali @ 29-Jun 05, 12:31 PM) Do we not - Page 5 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Jun, 2005 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2005 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? - Page 5

Here's another possibility for you, Smudge. It is completely possible that there are time travellers here but that we simply don't recognize them. After all, if they are competent enough to have created a way to travel in time, couldn't they be competent enough to make sure they don't create any chronological disturbance, which the known presence of a time traveller could easily be considered.

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2005 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Travel Time

While it is undecided whether time travel is possible, it should be possible to look "back in time". Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that he believes it is possible to see light from stars that was emitted several years ago.

Let's carry that line of thinking a little bit further. If we were located on a planet 2000 lightyears away from the earth and if we had a highly sophisticated telescope with a huge resolution, we should be able to aim that telescope at earth and see what was happening there 2000 years ago. The flaw with theory that even if we left earth and traveled with a speed that was pretty close to the speed of light, a little bit more than 16 years would pass for us, but 2000 years would have passed for the earth, so basically, we would only be able to observe what happened after on earth after our departure.

Though, if we ever found shortcuts through space (e.g. subspace, wormholes etc) that would allow us to cross great distances in a short period of time, we would actually be able to watch the egyptians build the pyramids.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I'd have to say I believe in time travel, but I'm not all that sure about the theory that something going at the speed of light will literally be stopped in time. Whenever I've had it explained to me, it never really gives any proof, other than the faster you go, the less time between two points... I think there's some way to go back or forward in time, just not by changing speed. And to the chronological change thing... wouldn't the changes have already happened in the future, so that you would have already experienced them? So technically, you wouldn't be barred from doing anything, since it had already been changed...

7th Apr, 2005 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Travel Time

I would believe time travel would be like an alternate universe or dimension. Sure it's all possible but if it was attempted to cross the boundaries between them a rift would be created and anything between them could cross between it wether it was a good thing or bad thing. For instance Smudge decides to travel to germany to stop the holacaust from becoming a reality and fails and hitler see this rift in time and takes his army through the rift, what do you think would happen if he got some of today's technologies back then. Like maybe a missile launcher or a crate of ak47s. Imagine the trouble that would ensue.

25th Apr, 2005 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

Travel Time

I think that time travel, in the way of going back and forward in time, is not possible. If some one is interested to learn more about this, I suggest Stephan Hawking's "A Brief History Of Time".

Message Edited!
Persephone: You cannot change topic titles or persuade other members to do so. If you wish to start a new topic then do so AFTER conducting a search to ensure the topic does not already exist.

20th May, 2005 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?

I think anything is possible! We didn't think cloning would ever happen and now it has..so time travel may not just be a fantasy in the future!...if you are not a believer just rend Back to the Future 1, 2 & 3 and know that anything is possible...it just may not be in my lifetime!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel - Page 5

Do we not already time travel, through the differing time zones of different countries if we visit them?

Is that the problem being the exact definition of time travel? To travel in time forward or back then the above I have write is true so we do time travel.

If it is not then what is the exact definition of time travel?

29th Jun, 2005 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 5

QUOTE (Kali @ 29-Jun 05, 12:31 PM)
Do we not already time travel, through the differing time zones of different countries if we visit them?

That is a good point. So, technically we do time travel. In fact, you can cross the dateline and end up in the future or in the past. However, I think the topic is mainly referring to time travel of greater distance into the past or future.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,