Time Travel? - Page 6 of 9

I believe it will be possible, but not with - Page 6 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Nov, 2007 - 12:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
21st Aug, 2005 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Time Travel? - Page 6

Do we not already time travel, through the differing time zones of different countries if we visit them?

I would not call that time travel but rather just a change of the way you reference time. Travel to the future seems highly reasonable to me. The only problem I have is with travel to the past. The thing is that travelling to the past seems to allow you to change the future. The problem with that is, there is only one string of events. The past has already occurred. So it is impossible to change the past, which gives you no choice of what you do. You cannot destroy the universe in the past because there is a future. Nor can you kill your parents or any other logical impossibilities. For those of you who believe in destiny or faith, this is not out of the ordinary. But it is hard for me to conceive that we are not responsible for our actions, and cannot do anything that we wish to do. That is why I find time travel to the past so puzzling. Unless of course, there is not only one string of events, not just a single timeline, but multiple ones.

Sponsored Links:
21st Aug, 2005 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Travel Time

Travel to the future seems highly reasonable to me

Why do you say that? Think about it this way: Once you travel to the future, you disappear from the present and the next period of time - if you don't come back. This way, you change the future ... events that should have happened with your presence will happen without you, thus will be modified and the future will look different. If you do come back (exactly in the same moment when you left), it's a high probability that you will change the future by knowing what will happen. In conclusion, the probability to travel to the future is the same as traveling to the past ... close to ZERO.

Offtopic but,
Not to mention that coming back from the future to the present is a travel in the past.

27th Aug, 2005 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Time travel has alwways been an interesting concept in the history of mankind...along with the flying machine. Only the flying machine is a reality and used widely around th world. As a kid I believed it would be possible, and Back to the Future fuelled that belief. Now that I am older, I am now more skeptical. But if and whenever it happens..I would be the first t check it out!

27th Aug, 2005 - 8:50am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Travel Time

Why do you say that? Think about it this way: Once you travel to the future, you disappear from the present and the next period of time - if you don't come back. This way, you change the future ... events that should have happened with your presence will happen without you, thus will be modified and the future will look different.

Well, I guess I didn't make myself clear. Changing something that had already happened does not seem reasonble to me. By going to the future, you change a future which has not happened yet.

If you do come back (exactly in the same moment when you left), it's a high probability that you will change the future by knowing what will happen

The problem is, I don't think you could travel back home. A travel to the future does not necessarily imply a travel back to the presence.

27th Aug, 2005 - 9:41am / Post ID: #

Travel Time

But you can think about it this way: by going to the future, you change your future, but in the same time you'll change the past of the people from the future ... so by "becoming one" with that future, you also change your past.

Pretty complicated, huh?

Reconcile Edited: RaulDrake on 27th Aug, 2005 - 9:42am

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2005 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel?

I believe that time travel in the past (and only) is possible, although that would create another parallel universe (?) where the present is different from what is now. The time traveller is forever trapped in that other identical universe, and may never come back. In the first universe time and life continues regularly, with the absence of the individual. However, there are the theoretical problems of time travel, such as the "killing-your-parents" scenario ("Back to the Future")--I'll have to refresh my reading (eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Travel#T...y_of_paradoxes), I've read a book about time travel once but I don't remember a thing... cry.gif

Whichever is the case, time travel is one very very interesting topic of thought and discussion. Maybe we'll never know, maybe we someday will. Maybe time travel is used every day and every moment (through wormholes) by energy of our universe, in order to "create" (?) other parallel universes. What I say is that maybe without time travel there may have been no time and no nothing. Maybe energy flows through all universes to become the material through which other are created. And the energy that flows into our universe through that route creates the future for our universe. Maybe energy can and IS all the time created(to come to conflict with the "Energy is not created neither destroyed" principle) to generate all these infinite parallel universes. I don't know, just an idea I thought I would add...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Nov, 2007 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel - Page 6

On a metaphysical (Religious, spiritual) level I think time travel is possible.
On a physical mortal level not so much.

As this is not a religious discussion I will only say that I believe that God and Humans (if allowed) and Human Spirits can travel through time. This is one reason I believe prophesy is actually something someone has seen with their eyes.

I do not believe Science will ever be able to find an answer to time travel.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2007 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 6

I believe it will be possible, but not with any technology. I believe the human mind will be capable of allowing a person to travel through time and space, physically.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,