Time Travel? - Page 7 of 9

I was just checking the stats and this is - Page 7 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Jan, 2009 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
29th Nov, 2007 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Time Travel? - Page 7

A good theory, that sounds more like an out of body experience. Time travel is all science fiction. Time itself is irreversable, in fact time is only made by us because we want to track everything. If you think about it there ain't no time at all.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2007 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Travel Time

Recently they did some testing on time travel. In theory its completely possible. They decided to send one particle into the future. However, they came across some complications, as they could not ensure that the particle would arrive in the future at the exact same point they sent it. When they send it through the small laser powered "time travel device" the particle indeed disappeared. However, it is unclear whether it actually went into the future or not. In fact, it could have just as easily gone into the past as vaporized. Time to rethink the whole test.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2007 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

We don't know how time works. There's of course the grandfather paradox, but there's a 'infinite dimensions' theory to counteract that. Stating that going into the past, upon arriving, it would create a brand new 'branch' time line that would not actually effect the time branch that you originally came from.

This also implies that every action that can happen, does happen.

29th Nov, 2007 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Travel Time

What is time? Time for me is something that we make it out to be. It is a way for us limited souls to section off what is the 'beginning' and what is the 'end'. If we think in higher terms (maybe not possible at this time) then we will understand that there is no such thing as a beginning or end with time - that is merely a measurement made by man so he can cope with environment. An easy way to visualize this is if we eliminate the process of night / day then you will see time almost seems to not hold much weight.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2007 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Travel Time

I would love to see time travel become a reality. But I'm a science major in college, biology and physics, and it is, unfortunately, impossible. For anything like this to work, one would actually have to accelerate a physical body fast enough that the mass goes beyond space and time, and penetrates this dimension. Now for the biological part. The average human can handle 12 g's before their body and organs turn into jello. That is a force of about 1960 Newtons. The acceleration it would take to travel fast enough to split time.... isn't even conceivable. I really wish it wasn't so, and maybe one day I will be proved wrong, and I can finally go and talk to Ben Franklin. Maybe find out why the hell he made daylights savings time.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling! Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles.

Post Date: 10th May, 2008 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel?

I believe that time is just another dimension. If we can get past some the linear thinking that some of our scientist continue to think in we may be able to travel through time. To look at time as a constant and not as a dimension is wrong. Bending time to suit our needs will give us more options. But I think that is a long way off. I believe some of the UFOs we see are our future selves coming back through time. Only they have not perfected it yet either.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th May, 2008 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel - Page 7

I do not think time is what we perceive it to be, its linearity is just our own limitation in our perception. One day we will see it for what it is and I think dbackers is right our physical bodies may not be able to make such a movement in time.

I do think we can slow our passage through time or speed it up based on our physical movement. This is just relative to the group with which we share our spot in time with right now. That is we zoom in a space ship and return aged less then our test group on earth. I think one can see the same idea can happen in reverse we can slow our bodies down and the rest of the world ages faster then us. But we really have not moved through time...we just ride a different orbit in time. Much the same way as earth rides a different orbit around the sun then Pluto. Our place in time is still moving at the same rate(The same as our solar system moves in space) but we are just moderately varying the effect it has on us. If we truly were traveling then we would be able to jump from one time spot to the next, not pass through it.

13th Jan, 2009 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 7

I was just checking the stats and this is one of the most voted Topics. The interest in time is so important to people especially those who wish they could change it. I personally doubt there can ever be technology in the next millennium from now that could even bring you backwards one minute.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,