Time Travel? - Page 8 of 9

Time is a dimension like any other dimension. - Page 8 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 16th Feb, 2017 - 5:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2010 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Time Travel? - Page 8

Name: Timewalker

Comments: OK just to let you know time travel does exist ...but if everyone used it ..then we would be in deep [..] . To travel in time you must first understand time and its whole being ( another entity ) physics does play a role ..but so does some common sense .

We travel through time the day we are born ( and we input into our minds all that surrounds us as well as all that is educated to us.

Our bodies are a mere vessel that carry us through one time ( until we need to move on to another plain ) .

There are lots of other plains as well .. The traveler is the soul ( only we as humans cant remember much ) .

Could possibly explain a lot more ...but then everyone would know my lottery numbers ( and I would not win as much ).

OK here is a clue ( ever heard of parallel universe ... ) they are out there ...after all this universe exists so why not others similar to this one . Now ever felt that you could or should be somewhere else ( another you exists in this parallel universe ( probably sipping some tequila ) . Time travel is just a doorway into another dimension, that of different or similar matter but of a different time .

After all, a clock is used so that we measure time . take away the clock and all you have is a planet that still works.

Time is measurement , so we can understand where we are today , where we originated ( the date ) and where we will eventually be in the future . p.s wormholes as you may call them do exist ( but a lot of energy is required to open a doorway to time space. Also once opened make sure you know how to get back or you might miss your family and possibly your current planet.

E.g if Da Vinci came back he would be familiar with the planet, trees, oceans , but not our time ( he would also be pissed of at holly wood for not giving him his royalties ( and if you met him in this time you would probably say do an ET and go home.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2010 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Travel Time

Name: Dr. Who

Comments: I find the ideas behind time travel fascinating but do I believe it is possible to travel back in time, no I do not. I believe time can be slowed if you can attain the speed of light or close to it. What will seem as maybe a day for you will be five days for the person in regular time.

27th Oct, 2010 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

It is an interesting concept but I'm my way of thinking not possible...

The closest we could do would if their was a mirror dimension of earth that was not at the same time period of ours it could be possible to travel there and go either forward or back in the time period.

But not in this dimension.

31st Jan, 2013 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Travel Time

I'm not a scientist and I saw many of them participating in this discussion. My post will then be more a question than a statement, in respect to all the experts [that] contributed to the topic.
Light speed is always associated to time travel, for obvious reasons. But, if I remember well from my studies and my past researches, the particles that reach higher physical speeds in our universe are not material particles. At least, not completely. The faster components of our reality are characterized by a double nature: physical entity and wave, shifting from one to the other depending on how much energy or "Quantum" they possess at the moment.
Following this stream of thought, I would like to ask: how can a physical body tend to have infinite mass at light speed if its components make a transition from matter to energy (or wave)? Infinite volume, [OK]. But infinite mass. Is not widely accepted today that some of the conclusions drawn from Einstein's theory of relativity (or whatever it is in English) clash with the [empirical] results obtained during modern tests in the huge Particle Accelerator devices (we have a [huge] one in Italy that often works with his twin in Switzerland)?
So, as a conclusion, if only energy, or waves, can get near the speed of light and this speed is an essential component for time travel, doesn't it automatically makes time travel impossible for a physical Mr Smith?

Merged:

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry if I post again instead of editing my previous message: my wife took control of the laptop and the post is over the maximum number of digits for my phone.

I made a mistake. Is not supposed to be "Quantum" but "Momentum". As a side note: doesn't the wormhole theory deal with curving space rather than time? I mean, like an ant walking inside a bowl: if she could just jump from one edge to other she would cover the same distance in half the time without altering her speed. But we are playing with space not time here.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling. Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

12th Apr, 2013 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Travel Time

Time is relative to speed and location but to say you can go backwards or forwards in time - that is total fantasy.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2014 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Time Travel?

Internet trawled in search of time travel

A US study has trawled the internet for time travellers looking for evidence of anyone mentioning future events before they happened. Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2014 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel - Page 8

Time travel is impossible. Time only goes forward, never backward.

However, I am a firm believer of alternate universes. If one could create a machine to travel to an alternate universe that is still set in the 1600's, then it would be possible to create the illusion of time travel even though you aren't actually traveling through time. All you are doing is entering into another universe, which just happens to be set in an earlier time period; thus, nothing you do in the alternate universe will have an affect upon the seemingly future universe you just came from as they are entirely separate universes.

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 8

Time is a dimension like any other dimension. Just like we are all familiar with the X, Y andzzzaxis, time is just another. If we can master time we can move forward and backward through time. Folding time will help diminish the time it takes to travel through space. I think people may have to be careful with time travel going back or forward in time can possibly mess things up. I can see us moving forward with the science as we learn more and more about the spaces around us.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,