Time Travel? - Page 2 of 9

I actually teach science at a space education - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 24th Jun, 2004 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? - Page 2

From what i have heard and read, you will not really beable to go "back" in time. The fathest you will beable to go back in time would be to the date the time you left at (kind of, actually the present date that the time machine lunched you from). If you where to leave earth in 2010 and traveled into "time" 100 years, during them 100 your where traveling, 2 years pasted on earth you would return to earth in the year of 1012. When you traveled to your 2110 year (100 years into the furture) as you retuen back, thats where your are traven "back" in time. "They" always bring up the "Grandmother Paradox", being you could go back in time and kill your grandmother, hence your mother would have never been born, hence you would not have been born. When you go into the furture, it does not mean your future, but the future. If you could travel faster then the next person you would be in that next persons future... Thats kind of the small scale of how i understand it, but thats not saying much.

Like darkagent was getting at, time is just a back drop and its relative to our surroundings. If you where to live on a planet thats days are 12 hours long (just to make the math easy) instead of 24 hours and you lived there for 10 years. When you came back to earth you would be 5 years older then everone else was when you left.

Ok, with that said, pay no mind to any of this cause im not a scientist or mathematician biggrin.gif

I voted yes to the poll.

And sorry to kind of get off topic, have no clue how wormholes realy work or how it will become possable to time travel.

Reconcile Edited: Fluffy on 3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:05pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2004 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Travel Time

What about dreams that lead to deja vu experiences? Do you think that's a kind of time travel? Or just seeing what's going to happen before it does?

Post Date: 2nd May, 2004 - 10:08am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Even if we could travel in time, it would probably be better if we didn't. Imagine everybody going back here, going forward there. We would have people in all different timeframes that weren't meant to be there. Recipe for disaster, i'd say.

Post Date: 21st May, 2004 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Page 2 Travel Time

I think time travel is one of the few impossibilities there is. If time travel were possible, then where are all the time travelers? We should have seen some from the future coming back to our time.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2004 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Travel Time

That's a really good point gaucho. You would think that if time travel were possible, people would make a bigger deal about "time travelers" if they existed. I never thought of that before.

22nd May, 2004 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?

I think MrWong makes a very good point. Just because our imagination can come up with an idea doesn't make it a good one. I think time travel is probably not a very good idea. Can you imagine the havoc that could be created? We would travel back in time to prevent some terrible thing from happening in our lives. Trouble is, when these bad things happen usually a lot of good ends up coming as a result. We wouldn't know what good was going to come, in fact we often can't even imagine how any good can come from a particular event. So, we would travel back in time to prevent the "bad" thing from happening and miss out on the good thing as a result.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2004 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel - Page 2

Click on the link below for an interesting read on one who claimed to be a time traveler from 2036. He appeared back in the year 2000 posting messages on a public forum, claiming to be from the year 2036. He posted periodically for over a year, answering questions and describing life in the future. He announced in March 2001, he would be returning to the future and was never heard from again. This was before 9-11 and some say he was dropping hints of what was to come and also made some other eerie predictions. I'll let you decide if it's a hoax.

https://www.johntitor.com/

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2004 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I actually teach science at a space education center and as I understand it, time travel is possible. . .in a matter of speaking.

As far as I currently understand it, one can move forward in time in that you can move to a point where you have aged but a few moments and the rest of the world has aged years.

As far as travel is concerned, I think it is a one-way trip. Once gone ahead, you can never go back. And I don't think going back in time is possible.

It happens as you move faster. Everyone experiences a type of time warping every time you move closer to the speed of light. But the speeds must be quite significant for it to make any difference. There are reports of the astronauts on the space station Mir noticing their clocks unsynchronized with earth clocks after extended periods on the station. (The world has aged a few more minutes than the astronauts on Mir.)

I'll find some web sites for you to look at!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,