Halloween - Page 5 of 9

This year I have a nice, six-foot-high chain - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Sep, 2008 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Do you participate in Halloween?
  Yes       76.47%
  No       14.71%
  Sometimes       5.88%
  When I was a child       2.94%
Total Votes: 34
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Trick or Treat, Give Me Something Nice to Eat! This is about the celebration itself. Around the Community you will find various aspects of Halloween discussed. Do a Search or look at the recommended links within this Thread.
Halloween Related Information to Halloween
1st Nov, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Halloween - Page 5

Yes JB that is good advice. As far as checking I know many who if it is not wrapped in an air tight wrapping it goes to the garbage. Very waste full be better not to go out. Also I now many go to the mall where all is sponsored by the mall stores thus making it safer. Though I question that.

Me I take a look does any thing appeared to be tampered with then out it goes. My boys got enough to make it fun then we went home. Basically went around the block visiting all we knew. After all one also has to show them fun is fun be be not greedy.

Sponsored Links:
1st Nov, 2007 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

I think the sealed option is good but candy can still be injected with something, not so? When I was around nine years old we were living in Utah and I remember our teachers telling us to make sure we do not eat things like apples or fruit where things could be injected into it.

1st Nov, 2007 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

With the sealed option one can throw the item out if it is not still air tight. That is give the bag of chip a light squeeze does it hold the pressure or start getting soft. I personally think the number of occurences are small very small and if you know whos door you are at it helps.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 1st Nov, 2007 - 7:24pm

1st Nov, 2007 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Halloween

I love Halloween since I get some free chocolates from my brothers after they get back plus if I go with them for some of the time I get some for myself! Never thought much about poison and all that though.

28th Sep, 2008 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

Halloween

Halloween just isn't what it used to be. I have always loved Halloween and had fun making the kids costumes. We used to host an adult costume party every year. That was a lot of fun.

Since we have moved to Alaska it is a whole different culture. Our youngest son doesn't even know what it's like to live in a neighborhood and go trick or treating. Here they have school carnivals or trunk or treats. Last year we took the grandkids into Anchorage so they could do some real trick or treating.
We live so far out in the woods that we rarely get anyone trick or treating at our door. Sometimes we will have friends bring their kids or grandkids by car but usually it is just my own grandkids.
Somehow that never stops me from buying a load of candy. I wonder where it all goes? rolleyes.gif

29th Sep, 2008 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

Yes like very thing we have commercialized all. I already have the candy in stock as it was on sale early. Glad I did though the prices have went way up now. I am actually Christmas shopping already.

That way I tour the mall in season check out the unique items that come up but no pressure and I get all cheaper.

I miss backing brownies Carmel apples and that for Halloween. I still do for real close friends. I just love they way the little one eye light up when they see it. Carmel corn, brownies you name it.

I will have to hit the orchards to get good fresh hard macs though just before. Awe man I am getting a craving!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween - Page 5

I do not do a lot for halloween since moving to my new house. I guess being one of the only a few houses on my block I do not get much in the way of trick or treaters. I had a record of seven people stop at my door last year. That makes a lot of extra candy for me to eat. I think that is what put me into the round shape that I am. This year I am going to get the big sized candy bars for my treaters. Maybe I will get more stopping by. I do know that my wife likes to make the carmeled apples for the kids and double chocolate brownies for me. smile.gif

30th Sep, 2008 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

This year I have a nice, six-foot-high chain link fence around my property, so when I take my daughter trick or treating, I won't worry too much about the tricksters out there. Our church is having a "trunk or treat" where the cars are parked at the church with trunks open and decorated, and the kids trick or treat just from car to car. We'll probably invite some of her friends to come, also, and then afterward go around the neighborhood by the church. The senior mobile home parks always have good stuff smile.gif

I dislike "celebrating" Halloween, as most already know. The way it has degenerated into such an evil thing makes me uncomfortable (and I talk about that in another thread in the LDS section so I won't go into it here).

Last year, it was announced on the news that Halloween has now out-sold Christmas and is the biggest holiday of the year. A sign of the times? Maybe.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Halloween

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,