Halloween & Religion - Page 3 of 4

How faiths unmask Halloween The spooky holiday - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 31st Oct, 2009 - 1:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Halloween From a religious perspective
Halloween & Religion Related Information to Halloween & Religion
2nd Nov, 2008 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion - Page 3

Why does everything people want to do for fun have to take on a political or religious tone? Why cant Halloween just be a fun time for kids to dress up and that's it. It does not have to relate to a bible, Jesus, Mohammed or whatever.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Religion and Halloween

I totally agree, the American Halloween idea of having fun and games is healthy.
Please no religious point scoring and sick adolescent horseplay.

2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

The origins of it have a religious context though and the religionists always focus on those parts of anything related to druids, pagans, etc.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Page 3 Religion and Halloween

Of course they do, Samhain is an ancient festival celebrated all over the world by indigenous peoples.
Christian demonisation of it is a reflection of paranoia to herald hastening conversion, it represents many different things to many people.

3rd Nov, 2008 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Religion and Halloween

You write deep on this stuff mate are you an active practitioner or avid reader?

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2008 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Halloween & Religion

I am a member of a Druid Circle and have studied philosophy to degree level.
I have quite a library and follow the Celtic Year. I am not much for Magic but a Nature lover, I write poetry and respect our Goddess the Earth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Nov, 2008 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion - Page 3

That's brill, you definitely know what you're talking about mate. Respect to you for that.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2009 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween & Religion Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

How faiths unmask Halloween
The spooky holiday has origins rich in diverse religions

Historians trace Halloween's origins back more than 2,000 years ago to the areas of modern Ireland, United Kingdom and northern France. Ancient Celtic calendars were dived into a "lighter" season of growing and a "darker" half being the oncoming winter of dreary days, uncertainty, low food and death. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Halloween & Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,