Halloween & Religion - Page 2 of 4

I would like to backup DianeC's claim - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 29th Oct, 2006 - 3:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Halloween From a religious perspective
Halloween & Religion Related Information to Halloween & Religion
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Halloween & Religion - Page 2

Every year in our town if Halloween falls on a school night, it's officially scheduled for the Friday closest to it. That way kids aren't out late on school nights. I never realized how great a plan that was until this year.

I personally don't have anything against Halloween. I was always allowed to participate in trick-or-treating and dressing up, and I had a blast doing it. We were always supervised, but we never really had the desire to go out and party and do stuff like that.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2005 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Religion and Halloween

Well, this thread pertains more to the debate about Halloween falling on Sunday rather than a discussion on what religions believe about Halloween.

I, personally, don't find anything wrong with the fun little celebrations of Halloween like trick or treating, bobbing for apples, etc. We were trying to plan some sort of Fall Party at church, and found that most of the things we wanted to do would not be allowed because of some old belief.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2005 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Does your religious beliefs allow you to participate in Halloween? Why or why not?

BabyBlues, since this line was in the original post, feel free to continue the discussion from this particular point of view. Last year people chose to focus on the Sunday aspect, but the original post left plenty of room for other discussions as well.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 9:10am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Page 2 Religion and Halloween

I find it interesting that people seem sure that Halloween has ancient evil roots. Like most views of religion, this one is also a silly urban legend. Since I'm sure its covered else where, I will not go into its origins but to say that it really has nothing to do with human sacrifice or poison candy. In fact of the 1 or 2 documented cases of poison candy and razor blades in apples have been family member, not evil plots to kill kids like the old christian tracts used to show. The fact is that no matter what you want to believe, like nearly everything considered "evil" it is not reality it is perpetrated superstitious urban legend by the church. I was kept from halloween as a child, my children have trick or treated every year and will continue to.

https://www.history.com/minisites/halloween...Page?pageId=713

13th Oct, 2006 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

Religion and Halloween

Sorry, Konquererz, I can't say that I totally agree with you on this one.

I don't consider it to be just harmless fun, you would be surprised at how many people in the British Isles actually still do carry on pagan beliefs, Devil worship, and claim themselves to be Druid High Priests/Priestesses, and how many sacrifices are made ritualistically to animals and children in the name of their belief.

Maybe in the US, it's not quite the same, as the origins to Halloween didn't start there, but I can assure you, that if you delve into incidents in Britain connected with Paganism and Devil worship, there are some pretty nasty cases out there of torture and murder.

Regarding Church policy on Halloween, the Anglican Church doesn't really lay any ground rules down to banning Halloween, indeed one Bishop has just gone on record not asking for a ban, but instead asking people to wear bright clothes for the event!

It seems to be down to each church here to have their say as to whether they believe Halloween to be acceptable or not, and in our household, we are following the route that it's not the Christian thing to do, and no-one in my house will be celebrating on that night!

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Halloween & Religion

"I don't consider it to be just harmless fun, you would be surprised at how many people in the British Isles actually still do carry on pagan beliefs, Devil worship, and claim themselves to be Druid High Priests/Priestesses, and how many sacrifices are made ritualistically to animals and children in the name of their belief."

Paganism is an earth-based religion. It has nothing to do with Devil Worship. You have to believe in something to worship it. We do not believe in satan, nor in murdering animals. I've known many High Priests, all of them pacifists. If you abhor Halloween, you abhor Christmas, which is based in Paganism as well.

(I must mention also, that satanism is not devil-worship either. It's actually a belief that people are their own gods. My girlfriend is satanist, and she would never harm a living creature.)

Message Edited!
Persephone: Learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constuctive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion
A Friend

Halloween & Religion - Page 2

QUOTE (DianeC @ 13-Oct 06, 5:31 AM)
I don't consider it to be just harmless fun, you would be surprised at how many people in the British Isles actually still do carry on pagan beliefs, Devil worship, and claim themselves to be Druid High Priests/Priestesses, and how many sacrifices are made ritualistically to animals and children in the name of their belief.

Of all the different rumors, legends, and beliefs that come out about Halloween, Pagans, and Devil Worship, not one of them has a real basis in fact. Why can't the church separate Devil Worship and Paganism? The problem is that when you blur what is commonly believed about Satanism (which is usually false rumor as well), with known history of Pagans and Druids, you get modern Halloween beliefs. The very fact that several different beliefs have to be lumped together to get Halloween is evidence that it is a completely made up "evil holiday". I would really be interested in seeing some real facts to back up all the evil that supposedly takes place on Halloween. In all my years of being a christian, all I ever heard were stories that took place in some town, at some time period, but no dates or places where named. When you present evidence with no dates, places, or times then its a real good indication that it is urban legend or simply made up. All these sacrifices and such should at least have a police account of the crime if they happened.

29th Oct, 2006 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Religion Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

I would like to backup DianeC's claim that there are people in England that has this belief, I know, because I have met them. In fact I have Discussed this in other Threads (one about Dark Decor comes to mind). I think Halloween is an outlet for them, but I do not believe that it is only on that day they 'come out' from hiding as it were, but the day does allow them to show their dark nature without anyone thinking more of it than a simple costume.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Halloween & Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,