Albums Of The Dead? - Page 2 of 2

I have never heard od photographing the dead - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 10:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Albums Of The Dead? Related Information to Albums Of The Dead?
Post Date: 27th May, 2004 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Albums Of The Dead?
A Friend

Albums Of The Dead? - Page 2

I definitely believe that there are spirits that wander the earth, although I'm somehow doubt that the actions of the living would have anything to do with it. It seems kind of selfish to me to want to keep a loved one here in ghost form, but that's just me.

My grandmothers house was haunted, she'd hear strange noises, and occasionally see apparitions. I never really experienced anything except a vague feeling like I was being watched. I've really wanted to see a ghost though. There seemed to be a good number of them in Washington where I served my mission.

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2006 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Dead The Albums

My friend showed me a box that she had with details of her parents death,including certificates of death etc, but when she showed me a picture of each of them dead, it was really not nice.

As referred to in the opening post, this reminded me of the film 'the others', and apparently it was something that was quite common over a hundred years ago in England, so to her she was just keeping up the family tradition.

To me, I know that I wouldn't even like photos like that in my house, what the undertaker/funeral director thought, when she had somebody brought in to put makeup on, and comb and brush the hair of her dead parents for a photo, I dread to think!

I don't want to be judgemental, if it helps her feel closer to her parents, then she's really not harming anyone, but I can't help but think it a little strange!

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Albums Of The Dead?
A Friend

Albums Of The Dead? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

In the film 'The Others' the old woman who acted as a servant for Nicole told her that some people who are deeply in love would often take pictures of the dead just before burial in a hope that they would be maintained forever. Do you believe in this? Is it true that the dead can somehow be caused to remain attached with the living in some kind of haunted way?

I had never before heard the story of maintaining the dead by photographing them at death. I do know that this was done with the bodies recovered from the Titanic disaster but it was with the hopes of identifying them as all their papers went down with the ship.
In the latter part of the 19th and early part of the 20th century it was a common practice to photograph the dead but I was never sure why they did this.

People who die suddenly or by violence often are 'stuck" in the moment of their death. Until and unless they can be released by the actions or prayers of their loved ones they can linger for centuries wandering the same area, repeating their last actions. Love of the place or a desire to stay by a loved one left behind can also hold someone to the earth. Then there is the old adage about "unfinished business". Within the paranormal community there is a wealth of documentation about these kinds of haunting. It can either be unsettling or comforting to the living to share their space with ghosts. It all depends on the level of acceptance of the living and whether or not the deceased act in accord with the living or against them.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Albums Of The Dead?
A Friend

Page 2 Dead The Albums

I have never heard od photographing the dead to maintain their spirit.
I thought the whole point of death was letting the spirit go.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Albums Of The Dead?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,