Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween - Page 10 of 11

Halloween falls on a Sunday this year. Is - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Oct, 2010 - 12:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 
Considering the history behind Halloween do you think it is right that the Church encourages the activity within its' Chapels?
Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween Related Information to Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween
17th Oct, 2009 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween - Page 10

international QUOTE
Why would he say "boo"? He is trying to scare someone? Why would he need candy?

I think he would say boo, because he has a sense of humor. I'm sure he wouldn't be trying to scare someone, but if Jesus did show up at my Halloween Party, it would scare many....laugh.gif....me included. And none of us need to eat candy...it's enjoyable, it's fun...I think Jesus likes to have fun...that's what I think anyways.

international QUOTE
I am always amazed how sum of us pick and choose what we feel we need to justify what we want to do.

Tis true my brother, we all have different agendas, and different ways of accomplishing them; why I don't know, but it is a fact. Having a Halloween Party does not mean there is an evil agenda...I think it simply means there is a social agenda.

My family joined the church while stationed on Okinawa...a friend across the street invited my family to a Halloween Party....ohh, they went all out. My mother dressed up as the bride of Frankenstein and my father Frankenstein, we made little mint candies in the shape of ghosts, and the boy scouts made us a pancake dinner; it was amazing to me. These activities brought us to the church, then to the Book of Mormon, and eventually baptism.

Oh, and if it makes anyone feel better, I saw a couple of older people (grandma and grandpa) wearing dark evil costumes carrying a staff with a plastic skull on the top... It was really creepy... I honestly wondered if they were dressed up for Halloween, or if they were Satan worshipers... Now a days you can't tell...so observing that and what you all have been saying... I can see your point of view.

I just have been in wards that were brought closer by activities (including Halloween) and wards that did not hold activities much, and the ward was not united. I rely so much on my ward for support, it is important to me that the wards are close nit; to me, the only way to be close nit is to spend time with each other planing, holding and attending activities. I believe activities help keep people active; and I don't have to go on about how being active blesses lives.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: "..." Should be use as a follow on and not to connect words. Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2009 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Sponsor Church Mormon Should

Jesus saying boo and eating candy? That's the first time I heard that but no wait a sec I read in page 3 of this thread someone saying if Jesus was here he would have his car's trunk open in the church parking lot and be smiling as he handed out candy to all the smiling children. rolleyes.gif How the heck can they know that? It makes them feel better I guess. Weird.

19th Oct, 2009 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween Studies Doctrine Mormon

My ward is having a haunted castle this year inside the building. rolleyes.gif WHat the heck are they thinking I don't know. I thought they would have the usual trunk or treat but it seems like the moms of the ward have this crave for scary, bloodish stuff this year.

19th Oct, 2009 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Halloween Sponsor Church Mormon Should

Is the consensus of this discussion that the whole Halloween celebration should not be practised by members or just the blood and gore part of it?

19th Oct, 2009 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Sponsor Church Mormon Should

For me people can do whatever they want you know what am I saying? The question is whether the church should sponsor it by having celebrations in the building I say no way there shouldnt be room for evil inside a church building and gory stuff.

29th Oct, 2009 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween

The only two thing I know about this is members should not wear masks inside the chapel, the rest is pretty much up to the bishop and the activities committee.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2009 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Should Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween - Page 10

My ward had a Halloween party today. There was this table with a black tablecloth in the middle of the hall and on top of it there was a skull! The first counselor in the Bishopric was the greeter. He was dressed as Dracula and he went all the way (make up, fake blood and orange contact lenses). The oddest moment of the evening was the opening prayer!

1st Oct, 2010 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Should Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

Halloween falls on a Sunday this year. Is it alright to still go out trick or treating and still keep the Sabbath?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Should The Mormon Church Sponsor Halloween

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,