Newsletter - September 2017

Newsletter September 2017 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 4:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Newsletter,September 2017 Beware! This is a database clean up month, make sure your account is active to remain a Member.
7th Sep, 2017 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

International Discussions Newsletter 7-8 September, 2017

Hi Member,

Very important info below about your account: *TITLE:FNAME* at InternationalDiscussions.com

It is September and time to do some in house cleaning of our database. If you are reading this its because you are a Member of the Community but if you are not participating as agreed we will put your account in a status to be deleted. Nothing personal, however we want to get more out to those who are really interested in the Community rather than taking up resources for those who cannot be bothered.

If you want to save your account make sure to Login and Post constructive content anywhere in the Community. This will let our Bots know you are still around and want to remain a Member. If you want to be deleted or no longer interested in International Discussions simply do nothing and your account will be deleted in a couple of days.

FAQ:

Q. Does deleting my account also mean I loose any credit given, characters I created, FP gained, etc?
A. Yes it does, so make sure to Post in order to save your account.

Q. Why delete my account, how is it bothering you?
A. We have a limit on how many Newsletters we can send, etc. We want to preserve this for Members that actually want it so we can increase the amount of times it is sent and free up the database for bigger better things.

Q. I am very active in the Community does this matter to me?

A. No, you're safe, this only applies to Members not participating in the community for months or even years.

Q. What do you mean "Participating as agreed"?
A. On the Registration page and part of the Terms it says that you should only join the Community if you will be participating, if not then it is not necessary to join as anyone can read the content.

Newsletter - September 2017 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2017 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

September Newsletter

As stated in our last Newsletter several hundred inactive Members were removed from the database. There are some more to process but I haven't had chance to run through the parameters as yet.

Also, as a heads up based on this: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure I will soon be undertaking the most difficult task of changing all content over to https. While this should not affect your viewing you may start to see that pages here will only be viewed securely.

17th Sep, 2017 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Newsletter - September 2017 Feedback & FAQ News Community

International Discussions Newsletter 17-18 September, 2017

Hi Member,

The way the internet is being used is changing. Requirements to stay in a technologically ready state evolves daily with codes, server requirements and third party policies being updated all the time. While we would just like to keep things running the 'same' each day that can become quickly antiquated and cause something to 'break'. We are being pro-active with many measures to prevent our Community from being blocked, left in the dust or worst: taken offline. Now on to some very important items:

1. As we stated in our last Newsletter we deleted several hundred Members that were just taking up room and not participating. We also adjusted things so these Newsletters will only go out to those who have been active participants within a certain amount of time. This allows us to communicate with you more often about what is happening in the Community. You are encouraged to at least Post every now and again if you want to be kept in the 'loop'.

2. We will be shifting to secure connection only. This means that when you access International Discussions you will be using https and not http. This will involve changing all the URLs that have ever been made in both files and posts to https. We will likely also force the use of https if you happen to access / post to the old http. This change will take place soon and may cause your browser to state something like "Some items on this page are not secure" - that is normal. It may say that until we are able to make sure thousands of images and calls are made only in a secure manner. If you run into any difficulties please let us know.

3. We hate to ask, but keeping up with server costs and code changes is a lot of money / work. We need your help. If you have not upgraded to Premium Membership please consider it. You get many features that Regular Members do not enjoy. You may also need some FP (Forum points) in order to turn on certain features, get extra gold or have the advantage in a game. All of these can be obtained via our Donations page. Please consider it now rather than later.

4. To make Role-play Gaming on the site a lot better we have introduced some items for Discussion:

A. Insert Monster Image

B. Character Genealogy

C. Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games

D. Should We Have Adult Themed Role-playing Games?

5. A no nonsense Science Fiction Role-playing Game is looking for Players: Krusten's Sci-fi Interactive Fiction Role-playing Game Review

6. There are loads of updates going on in ROK II, make sure to attend to your Character as we will also be clearing unused Characters soon.

7. This is probably the last time we will be showing stats in Newsletters save maybe a reminder about the reason you joined. We will be making our Newsletters streamlined to get to the point fast, therefore here are your details for a final time:
You joined since: [x]
Your last login: [x]
Your Posts: [x]
Last participation: [x]
Reason you said you Joined: [x]

17th Sep, 2017 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

September Newsletter

After some long hours the change over to https secure connection for this site was completed at 7:55pm EST / 11:55 GMT today. Everything should load properly but if it does not work for you please let me know so it can be fixed.

18th Sep, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

September Newsletter

International Discussions Newsletter 18-19 September, 2017

Hi Member,

In our last Newsletter we talked about transitioning to https (Secure connection). We are happy to report that after long hours of work it has been completed with minimal downtime for all our sites including the Community. To celebrate we have a one time special for TODAY only that lasts until 11:59pm EST. See the limited special, show and help support our efforts: View Special!

19th Sep, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

As I was looking over some posts I noticed that I could not see some images and videos and then I realized that I hadn't changed the URLs to https in Posts already made from almost 20 years ago. Therefore, I just ran a query that changed all in all Posts. So if you were online about a couple of minutes ago and could not load anything you know why… the server was looking through hundreds of thousands of Posts and making the change. Thanks for your patience.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Sep, 2017 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Newsletter September 2017

International Discussions Newsletter 20-21 September, 2017

Hi Member,

Here are some highlighted Topics:
* Caribbean Houses vs North American Houses by JB
* Hurricane Maria

RPGs looking for committed Players:
* Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
* Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters
* Daishain’s 5e Dungeons & Dragons Role-playing Game Character Creation
* Abnninja's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
* KN's 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons You As Character Creation
* Ruler of Kings II Role-Playing Game (Text MMORPG) (Open 24/7)

Some of your details:
You joined because you are interested in: [x]
If you have not Upgraded you may want to consider the many benefits: Compare Membership plus you help us pay the cost of hosting, coding and development. Upgrading works out to a measly $3.75 a month. Donate..

Regards,
Community Administrator (JB).

22nd Sep, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Newsletter September 2017 Community News FAQ & Feedback

International Discussions Newsletter 22-23 September, 2017

Hi Member,

Some Topics To Make You Cringe:
* The horrid acts of: Kim Jong Un - Page 7 of 8, you may want to read the follow on pages as well.
* Navy Hospital Nurses Of The Evil Kind
* Nanny Treats Baby Like Rag Doll
* Soldier Criminals

> TOPIC: Newsletter - September 2017

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,