Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
Ruler of Kings II (ROK II)
Ruler of Kings 2 combines solo play, play-by-post, game book style play that also has a MMORPG element to it as well. Since it is custom coded ROK 2 will also go through several stages of evolution so it always gets better. ROK 2 is not a graphical interface but fully textual - you will need a natural interest in reading to enjoy. To play ROK II you must be a Member of the Community.
What is Ruler of Kings?
It is a medieval world that allows you to explore and build up your Character and armies. You can then solve mysteries, quests and fight for land. It is all played in an interface where the game and you interact without the need for a Game Master or other Players.
History: I've Decided on Ruler of Kings 2 (March 2016)
I'm going to create (Code) my own solo system here with the same theme of Ruler of Kings but with a slight twist:
1. It will be integrated with the Community
2. Your Character will actually be able to affect the layout and happenings in the fantasy world!
3. It will be more than just building yourself or managing armies there will be some thinking to it - complete strategy
Current Players, do not worry, I will port over your stats from there to here so you can continue building up your armies and Character traits.
The current version: ROK 1 can be played HERE if you want to get the jump on ROK 2.
Why a new system?
The current ROK is nice but limited and the code is terrible to work around. It relies a lot on JS which I do not like as it slows the system and there are incompatibilities. I originally hoped the original framework I bought would help me by taking a lot of the root work out but it did not - I still had to do my own coding. Additionally, it is not Mobile compatible, that alone is a turnoff.
What do you have in mind?
I am coming with something better but still taking out what I've done with ROK and bringing it here. It will be a SOLO Role-playing Game which will be great for a Community like this because Players will always have something to do when they come here - especially if they are waiting on a current Play By Post game to move forward.
Make sure to subscribe to this Thread via "Thread Options" button so you can be kept up to date with this great undertaking!
FAQ - Difficulty
Despite saying many times that Players must read the story in order to know how to play some still overlook things in favor to get passed certain actions as fast as possible. Read some of these Posts where this is Discussed.
Responsive: Wide Screen Screenshot and Mobile Screenshot
Main Site: New Look
Support From Within ROK II: Read How
History / Working On…
* Casting Spells (17 Aug, 2016)
* Notifications & Ressurection (10 Aug, 2016).
* Magick Combat (1 Sept. 2016).
* Large Updates To Combat / Features (Sept. 2016).
* Crowdfunding For Ruler Of Kings II (18 Oct. - 18 Nov. 2016)
* Barracks Open / Riding Horses Established (24 Oct. 2016).
* Army (26 Oct. 2016).
* Magick Charges (29 Oct. 2016).
* World Map & Horses Functional (8 Dec. 2016).
* Quest 4 & Dark Regions Open (9 Jan. 2017).
* Random Events & Event Submissions (31 Jan. 2017)
* Relations / Partners (1 March, 2017)
* Bribe Wench (3 March, 2017)
* Clans (8 April, 2017)
* Prostitution (9 Sep., 2017)
* Natural D20 (26 October, 2017)
* Character Notes (28 January, 2018)
Future Ideas For Discussion:
Deity, NPCs, 20 od D20, etc.